Honored Contributor

@Jeanne from VA 

I watched part of the show last week and part this week. The parts I watched had really good pricing and all were a lot less than what you mention. I think it is a great show.

Of course, I look on the app to see if I’m interested in what is being presented and only watch those parts of the show. I never saw the items you listed at all.

Valued Contributor

@RCTV, My post actually had nothing to do with product bashing. I am happy the throws have provided comfort to many during their illnesses, to include you. People are certainly free to purchase anything they please, at any cost they are willing to pay. My post actually was addressing the issue of having more choices in pricing and variety. I can empathize with anyone who is sick or in pain. I truly empathize with you and wish you well.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Look through the products from the show.  The products mentioned are the highest.  Lowest was $19.95 with many prices inbetween.  I think you may have not watched long enough.

Valued Contributor

I do not think the poster meant anything malicious about a $250 blanket being offered @RCTV .  They were only asking for a greater variety in price ranges for people, especially if on a tight budget, one would presume. I think with Jill and LR gone, SK is being poised to be the one who offers "posh gifts" or whatever that used to be called. .

P.S.  I am very glad the blanket has helped you many others get through your challenges.  Be well.

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch the show, but I checked out the video, that SK is incorrigible. Anyway, I'm a big Barefoot Dreams fan and did buy that blanket last year, but returned it. IMO it is never worth the price tag, it's all hype IMO. That being said, if you are sick and feel the blanket comforts you, that's great and more power to you. I have the robe and when I'm not feeling well, I wrap myself in that and I find it soothing, simply because it's soft and warm.

Honored Contributor

@RCTV wrote:

I am thankful that you probably have never had cancer or had to shiver and throw up from chemo,because if you did ,you would understand that for many of us that $250.00

blankdt was our salvation I am not wealthy but I have gifted those blankets to many people who said they helped them get through such a difficult time.   I hope you never experience what many of us have.  You wrap in one and your whole body relaxes and you can rest.   It was my salvation 

I don't think one person made a comment even referencing that.

Trusted Contributor

I can remember quite a few years ago when a blanket similar to the Prayer Throw Blanket first came out. At that time it was reasonably priced and part of the proceeds went to help a certain charity. The Prayer Throw Blanket is a nice idea and I can imagine how much comfort an individual might feel cuddled around the throw especially if given by a loved one. My question is ...... why is it so high priced? It is made 100% polyester. If the company was actually making the throw for the "right" purpose they would price it at a cost that most individuals could afford. After all, how many "average" individuals facing a major medical health problem could afford to spend $250.00 for a throw. And for someone facing the lost of a love one, being in that situation in the past, $250.00 could be used for something of more importance.

Valued Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg , I agree with everything you said. I have a Barefoot Dreams sweater that was given to me, and I appreciated the thought, and the sweater is lovely. However, I have other sweaters of very high quality that were a lot less expensive and equally lovely. If someone wants to pay for a brand name, they should certainly do so. If I am paying over $100 for a sweater, it will be an Irish one (QVC usually has beautiful ones in stock); nothing is warmer or will last longer. "Different strokes for different folks", as the old saying goes. Those who love Barefoot Dreams: enjoy! 

Honored Contributor

I've never been one to purchase just for the brand name. A Lexus is just a Toyota and a Cadillac is just a Chevy with fancier bells and whistles. It's also rare I watch a show with a host's name in the title, except for You're Home With Jill. Don't believe they have that much input anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

I can remember quite a few years ago when a blanket similar to the Prayer Throw Blanket first came out. At that time it was reasonably priced and part of the proceeds went to help a certain charity. The Prayer Throw Blanket is a nice idea and I can imagine how much comfort an individual might feel cuddled around the throw especially if given by a loved one. My question is ...... why is it so high priced? It is made 100% polyester. If the company was actually making the throw for the "right" purpose they would price it at a cost that most individuals could afford. After all, how many "average" individuals facing a major medical health problem could afford to spend $250.00 for a throw. And for someone facing the lost of a love one, being in that situation in the past, $250.00 could be used for something of more importance.

it's priced at $250 b/c that's where the company wants to sell their stuff, no reflection on what I or anyone can afford or want to spend.  

personally I think using illness as a selling point is beyond tacky