Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn Killinger Question

It's none of our business.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@CalminHeart  - Why is it none of our business?  Shawn talks about her allergies and life on television and social media.  She wants everyone to know.

Esteemed Contributor

Of course it's everyone's business. 

Hosts are given social media platforms by Qurate in order to dispense their personal business. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've had severe allergies also....there is medication!

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@CalminHeart  - Why is it none of our business?  Shawn talks about her allergies and life on television and social media.  She wants everyone to know.

Yeah, just like when posters get blasted for asking when a fave host is returning, etc with the usual "it's none of your business!"  So why do they post all their goings-on all over SM?   BTW, glad to see Alberti back after a long vacay!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are television personalities with company approved, provided and endorsed social media.

Posting, to some degree, is mandatory.

The same old ones always caw and bellow "None of your business!"

I appreciate that some of the really old time folks don't understand social media.

Respected Contributor

For many years my allergies we very well controlled. Well this year not so much. I have been struggling to find the right mix of strategies that work for.me. Perhaps the same is true with her.  My ent said this year has been very challenging for many allergy suffers. 

Respected Contributor

@Franklinbell "For many years my allergies we very well controlled. Well this year not so much. I have been struggling to find the right mix of strategies that work for.me. Perhaps the same is true with her.  My ent said this year has been very challenging for many allergy suffers."

I thought that I lucked out regarding allergies but unfortunately I developed them in my early 50's.  Now I take an allergy pill per day otherwise I have watery eyes all day.

Super Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

I've had severe allergies also....there is medication!

THIS ^^^^

There are so many allergy meds but to stop the runny nose wiping and clearing the throat the most effective are probably the nasal sprays like Flonase, Nasocort, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@nomee wrote:

Why does Shawn always clearing her throat throughout her shows?

@nomee- For the same reason you or I may clear our throat- it's irritated.