Purchased 2/2016. LOVE IT!, BUT, saw infomercial a few months later for what I thought was same sweeper I purchased thru QVC. Turns out the QVC sweeper was an older model, and I was unable to get additional attachments that would have been beneficial (ie, stair brush, under appliance wand, etc). Could not even order thru Shark because they did not make attachments for the QVC sweeper.
Honored Contributor

@hitormiss wrote:
Purchased 2/2016. LOVE IT!, BUT, saw infomercial a few months later for what I thought was same sweeper I purchased thru QVC. Turns out the QVC sweeper was an older model, and I was unable to get additional attachments that would have been beneficial (ie, stair brush, under appliance wand, etc). Could not even order thru Shark because they did not make attachments for the QVC sweeper.

I think this is common for many items, not just your Shark vac.   That's how QVC buys up "all they had in the warehouse" to get a good deal.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Q has always sold older models.....computers, mattresses, electronics, etc etc. Years ago, I was looking at a laptop Q was selling and went to the company's website to research and found it was an older model.  I've done that on a number products since and it's always the same.   I'll never buy those items here for that reason.  

Honored Contributor

They also have things "made exclusively" for certain retailers, including QVC, and they don't make the extra parts for them.

I bought mine from Costco and it came with a variety of attachments.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Occasional Contributor

Even when every other retailers has a product on clearance, QVC sells the same item at regular price, with outrageous shipping charges.  When QVC does put items on clearance, it's only $10 or so off, when other retailers sell the same item at a true half price.  Clearance on QVC is a joke.  They will say an item is X amount off the QVC price, when that item never was sold at that high QVC price.