Contributor

Senior Discounts for QVC Purchases

I have shopped with QVC for years when I was employed.  I am now retired and in my early 70's. I have seen the prices of everything go up and my purchasing go down.  Is there anyway that you could offer a discount of 15-20 percent for those of us who are over 65 years old?  I would be happy to send you a copy of my drivers license.

Super Contributor

Re: Senior Discounts for QVC Purchases

Good luck with that request. But, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Respected Contributor

@dazzlingdiane 

Not gonna happen. Not a chance for many reasons, IMO.

Valued Contributor

That is never going to happen with QVC - they want more money then less money but they could offer free shipping to senior - but tht won't happen either - wishful thinking.

Honored Contributor

@dazzlingdiane 

One can dream but that won't happen!

Not sure if fact or rumor - Kohls used to offer 15% off on Wednesday to seniors (not advertised you needed to ask).

Now with many retailers closing and sales down I heard as of July 1st Kohl's will no longer offer discount & coupons will have lots of exclusions.

Esteemed Contributor

Many of QVC customers are seniors.  The Q would lose money giving discounts. 

Honored Contributor

and the young people would raise hale.   Here in Tx, they freeze property taxes when you turn 65. When I was in tax office this young girl heard me talking about it since I was new to Tx and didn't know that. She can be glad I didn't hear her, but, my husband said she wanted to know how she could freeze her taxes too !  LOL  She was like 25.  

She can **** well work till she's 65 too instead of wanting to mooch.

Regular Contributor

Wouldn't that be nice?  Especially since every little bit of a riase is taken right back in Medicare increases.  10% discount one day a week would be nice.

Regular Contributor

Oh...they won't lose money.  Mark up on everything is really high.

Trusted Contributor

It is a nice suggestion. An unrealistic one, but nice. Everyone is complaining about customer service, shipping, delay in filling orders, etc. If QVC is having trouble handling those how would you expect them to handle starting up a senior discount program? And as one poster said they would lose money and just have to raise the prices.