Respected Contributor

Re: Selling of Spiritual Jewelry

She's not having a discussion about it, she's relating it to a topic.  Also, the board has it's own set of rules.  Has nothing to do with the host's style of selling. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Regular Contributor

Re: Selling of Spiritual Jewelry/Done with PM Style

I am done with PM Style, I tune in to watch fashion and get light hearted conversation and information on items I may be interested in.  I don't need to hear about heartache and death.  I dont wish anyone bad luck but if you need to sell faith based jewelry do it on a separate show. They had a gal calling in who was in tears over the death of her mother, this call should have been screened or she could have been told to email Shawn to thank her for the item she has purchased.  PM Style is not the venue for this.  Sorry QVC you need to rethink about putting this programming on PM Style.  I am not watching any longer.

Regular Contributor

The calls should not be on PM Style, the gal had lost her mother.  I am done with PM Style, have a separate show for faith based jewelry.  Not all customers want to hear their beliefs.  QVC should know better. They have been in business way too long. HSN and EVINE live do sell some faith based items but the hosts do not promote their own agenda when selling it.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Because selling it on the air isn't going to cause fighting or people on one side putting down people on the other side the way talking about religion does on forums.

That's not really hard to figure out, is it? This question is just here to stir the pot.

Yes, this is certainly true, but doesn't diminish the idea of discussing the larger question of religion on air at QVC. Some of us feel that it's out of place, others do not. My personal feelings aside, clearly sales will be the deciding factor! 

I don't get this. QVC is a business, not a government institution. There's so separation of church and business in the constitution and many stores sell crosses and inspirational/spiritual jewelry.

It's not my thing, but I see no reason to call it "out of place." It's not the Ten Commandments on the courthouse lawn.

You have your opinion, i have mine. I find it a real disconnect and out of place for a retailer.

I also think it's perhaps part of the larger question frequently discussed here about the amount of personal information shared by hosts. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

I love this!

Respected Contributor

I have no problem with selling spritual/relgious jewelry. I have purchased some from QVC. My issue lies with how it is presented. I would think that QVC would address this, not all hosts should present it and it's perhaps better to showcase it as an entire show.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@DeeL wrote:

The calls should not be on PM Style, the gal had lost her mother.  I am done with PM Style, have a separate show for faith based jewelry.  Not all customers want to hear their beliefs.  QVC should know better. They have been in business way too long. HSN and EVINE live do sell some faith based items but the hosts do not promote their own agenda when selling it.

That sounds like a good option. Personally, when something I find bothersome comes on, I just change the channel. I can't control the hosts or QVC, but I have absolute control over what's on the TV in my house and I exercise it with extreme prejudice.

I don't watch Shawn or PM Style.

Occasional Contributor

I am not offended by QVC's spiritual items at all!  If I'm interested I'll make a purchase, if I'm not, I won't.  I do hope, however, that QVC's Christian spirit will be more prevalent moving forward, than it was, when they, (after some deliberation), chose to axe Paula Deen!

Forgiveness is divine. 

No one is the same person they were  20+ years ago.   I hope that we all have evolved (in some manner).  I wish QVC would have taken a stand and supported Ms. Deen, way back when.... She seemed quite contrite to me. at the time.   Perhaps it's not too late for QVC to evolve as well, and not be so anxious to jump on the  "the bandwagon" in the future.

Esteemed Contributor

I read the responses and not one person used the word "offended."

If you don't have anything material to add to the discussion apart from random snark, why post?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat