Honored Contributor

Re: Selling of Spiritual Jewelry

Sometimes it's what you read "between the lines".that stands out the most.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

There's something l don't understand:  Why is religion and spirituality one of the subjects that's not allowed to be discussed on these boards, and yet it is used by Shawn to sell product??

A better question might be, why do the mods allow a poster to give a whole sermon on the boards under "among friends"?  I personally find this offensive.  Religion is a very personal thing and has no place on a shopping board.

These boards prohibits soliciting for anything else so why do they allow a poster to proselytize, apparently recruiting converts to her religion?  If you want to hear a sermon, go to church.

I searched the "standards" and was unable to find a reference to religion.  I guess the discussion of politics is forbidden but a poster can go on indefinitely about his or her religion. (Which is even more controversial.)

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

The mention of religion and/or politics should be a 'no-no' everywhere.  Around the dinner table at Thanksgiving, on a shopping channel, a service club etc etc.  It causes problems all the time.  Im put off by the recent increase of religious opinion used by some hosts.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I have no problem with selling spritual/relgious jewelry. I have purchased some from QVC. My issue lies with how it is presented. I would think that QVC would address this, not all hosts should present it and it's perhaps better to showcase it as an entire show.

You better articulated my thoughts than I did myself. I don't care if they sell crosses and Bibles and while I'm not at all "offended", I just don't wish to hear references to one's personal religious beliefs on a shopping channel. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I have no problem with faith-based jewelry being sold.  What I have a problem with is the way SK sells it.  I've seen other faith-based jewelry shows and items are not sold in such a maudlin, personal manner.  Have someone else do those shows.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

There's something l don't understand:  Why is religion and spirituality one of the subjects that's not allowed to be discussed on these boards, and yet it is used by Shawn to sell product??

A better question might be, why do the mods allow a poster to give a whole sermon on the boards under "among friends"?  I personally find this offensive.  Religion is a very personal thing and has no place on a shopping board.

These boards prohibits soliciting for anything else so why do they allow a poster to proselytize, apparently recruiting converts to her religion?  If you want to hear a sermon, go to church.

I searched the "standards" and was unable to find a reference to religion.  I guess the discussion of politics is forbidden but a poster can go on indefinitely about his or her religion. (Which is even more controversial.)

............I knew this would be coming one day. Maybe they have allowed this dear lady to stay because there is no fighting over there.  Only encouragement and inspiration.  That's pretty interesting isn't it?. No running each other down...no picking everything and everyone apart.  It's like breathing in fresh air.  If there were only more people like her.... this world and these boards would be a better place!   

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic.

Honored Contributor

............I knew this would be coming one day. Maybe they have allowed this dear lady to stay because there is no fighting over there.  Only encouragement and inspiration.  That's pretty interesting isn't it?. No running each other down...no picking everything and everyone apart.  It's like breathing in fresh air.  If there were only more people like her.... this world and these boards would be a better place!   

Nobody said said anyone on Among Friends wasn't a nice person.  I just said I feel proselytizing is not appropriate in this forum.

FYI: Can you identify any fighting or picking apart "over here"?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Nobody said said anyone on Among Friends wasn't a nice person.  I just said I feel proselytizing is not appropriate in this forum.

FYI: Can you identify any fighting or picking apart "over here"?

Among Friends (and you obviously know where I mean)  is the one place Christians can go here to be encouraged and ask for prayer and pray for others.  I mean...how bad is that????  Why not leave us alone?  You don't have to go there.  Were not preaching.....we are getting inspired.  If there were a place like that for Atheists....I simply wouldn't go there if it annoyed me that much.  Most of you know the things Shawn will talk about and how she rolls.  Why do you tune in?  Why do you keep watching till you are irritated.  Why do people do that to themselves?  What is your real reason....I ask you.  Dig deep and tell the truth.     

Occasional Contributor

Seems that a lot of people have missed the most important point.  That is, making examples of people's bad situations and expounding on "faith/spirituality" in a very maudlin and incorrect manner is just going 'way over the line.  Making money by playing on viewers' sympathies is so wrong, and should not be permitted.