Respected Contributor

I hope this suggestion is viewed as constructive, and is taken to heart.  Some of your viewers have dietary restrictions, you even sell cookbooks tailored to some of these restrictions.  You sell many food items that look delicious, but you don't list ingredients for them, and don't provide any nutritional information, either, so your customers with dietary restrictions don't dare purchase those items!  Please ask your vendors to provide you with nutritional information for the items they sell, so that your customers can decide if it is safe for them to eat said food items before they waste time and money ordering things that, once they arrive, must be tossed in the trash, because they cannot be eaten.  I know that you offer a very generous and kind refund policy on your food items, but it's extremely disappointing to order something, anticipate how good it will taste, even incorporate it into a menu for a special day, and when it arrives, and the information on ingredients and nutrition arrive with it, one has to throw it away.   Just because one get's the money back as a refund does not make up for the disappointment or inconvenience, not to mention the waste of the food.  Add in that nutritional info and I, for one, will purchase a lot more food than I currently order.

Respected Contributor

Would you give an example of the type of ingredients in the food sold on air that would cause you to have to throw iaway when you saw the list after purchase?

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

For me - sodium (salt).  Not for any health problem -  (although we should limit our daily amount) but hate over salted food.  Have thrown out many  QVC food products as a result - so purchase very few items now.  Live & Learn. 

Respected Contributor

If the hosts/vendors gave complete nutrition information, most of us would not watch from the boredom and only 2 or 3 products would be shown.  Perhaps it might be helpful  if they gave the sodium or sugar content of a product.  

I believe you have to assume that any processed food has a large sodium or sugar content.  It probably would be a good idea to avoid ordering if you have serious dietary restrictions.

Trusted Contributor

Call customer service.  Many times they have the nutritional info/ingredients.  You can also look up the manufactureres website.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Selling food on QVC

[ Edited ]

@gmkb wrote:

If the hosts/vendors gave complete nutrition information, most of us would not watch from the boredom and only 2 or 3 products would be shown.  Perhaps it might be helpful  if they gave the sodium or sugar content of a product.  

I believe you have to assume that any processed food has a large sodium or sugar content.  It probably would be a good idea to avoid ordering if you have serious dietary restrictions.

They could list it on the page .I myself have bought many items that did not list or even say on air they included peppers  .I am very allergic to peppers and would die if I ate one.I have had to give many orders away that I have bought here.

They also should include cooking direction on the web site for us older people that mostly use micowave stuff. I know they say it on air most times but if I am brouseing the web and see something,no cooking instructions are available on many things.

Calling the company takes too much time and trouble!

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@gmkb wrote:

They could list it on the page .I myself have bought many items that did not list or even say on air they included peppers  .I am very allergic to peppers and would die if I ate one.I have had to give many orders away that I have bought here.

They also should include cooking direction on the web site for us older people that mostly use micowave stuff. I know they say it on air most times but if I am brouseing the web and see something,no cooking instructions are available on many things.

Calling the company takes too much time and trouble!

@MalteseMomma You make a very good point.  Nutritional info is not listed anywhere that I can see.  

Respected Contributor

Simple answer-any food that lots of people are allergic to, like peanuts.  Sometimes that info is there, sometimes it isn't, and sensitive people need to know.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Doesn't need to be on air, just on the product page online.  Some food products have those links, many do not.

New Contributor

I agree. ingredients and nutrition information could and should be listed on the product page. I am seriously allergic to shell fish. While I know not to order the shrimp, or crab, sometimes small amounts of the ingredient or worse, crab oil, can be an ingredient and of course not mentioned on air.