Honored Contributor

Searching for companion pieces

It may be me, but when there's a piece of jewelry or clothes or even maybe a kitchen item, if there are companion pieces that match, make it easier to search for it.

Often I'll see maybe a pair of earrings while watching QVC, I may not want the earrings but I might be interested in  a matching bracelet but I can never seem to find it by searching for it.

Can't give you an example now but thought I'd throw this out there.

Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Searching for companion pieces

Finding matching jackets or blazers for skirts or pants to make it into a suit is a challenge. It is especially difficult as my bottom size is typically smaller than my top size. I've been lucky a couple times. Once I had a nice brown leather skirt and I was able to find an exact color shade blazer to wear with it. Sadly most of the time I've failed in the clothing department. One time I was gifted a pair of black pearl earrings and bracelet. I searched for quite a while and found a matching necklace. I look forward to other's experiences.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Recently I saw a video presenting a very nice jacket, and the matching pants were shown, but not as a presentation.  I opened the page w/ jacket, expecting to see the pants under the the description & reviews of jacket.  No such luck. Only more jackets.  This really doesn't make sense.

Trusted Contributor

@software wrote:

It may be me, but when there's a piece of jewelry or clothes or even maybe a kitchen item, if there are companion pieces that match, make it easier to search for it.

Often I'll see maybe a pair of earrings while watching QVC, I may not want the earrings but I might be interested in  a matching bracelet but I can never seem to find it by searching for it.

Thanks

You would think that QVC would have figured that out by now, but they haven't. I remember a DMQ TSV that had a few companion pieces with nothing that shows down below the item where they have other products, not the cart! I had tried to find some by searching and didn't find all of them and the "items recently on air" didn't have then either because they only quickly showed them. I hope they consider your suggestion

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

@software wrote:

Thanks

You would think that QVC would have figured that out by now, but they haven't. I remember a DMQ TSV that had a few companion pieces with nothing that shows down below the item where they have other products, not the cart! I had tried to find some by searching and didn't find all of them and the "items recently on air" didn't have then either because they only quickly showed them. I hope they consider your suggestion

Yes, that's my frustration.

The TSV may be more than I want to spend for a necklace but earrings may be doable, but try finding them.    The search feature is poor at best anytime.

Honored Contributor

THis is a great suggestion. When you enter an item number for something, and it comes up, somewhere there is usually a line of  several other things (products) that show on the screen that you 'many be interested in' or that 'others who viewed this item also bought...' or something like that on most sites (including this one). 

Well, the first thing that should pop up in those areas are companion pieces to outfits, jewelry, or kitchen items etc. For things like the recent TSV of the power scrubber, the attachments kit should have popped up. 

How hard can it be for them to make this happen?