Esteemed Contributor

Re: Scarfs, QVC

[ Edited ]

Don't own one and have never worn one. Have no use for them. Doesn't get cold enough here to wear a coat let alone a scarf. In fact I can't remember the last time I even wore a coat. I think it was in 2006 on my Alaskan cruise. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Scarfs, QVC

[ Edited ]

@Fribwl wrote:

@decaf .  Agreed.  However, if QVC is selling a top and they show how to use a scarf with it, then the viewer might buy the top and the scarf.  QVC will then profit from the sale of both items.

@Fribwl  I don't see it as profitable. If they only show 6 or 7 items per hour, they want them all to be $50 and much higher, pants, blouses, coats, shoes, etc.  Sometimes the hosts do mention items that go together, but that's secondary, their only goal is to maximize profits. 

Valued Contributor

@Fribwl  An Accessory Style show would be nice to see. Katrina would be a great host for it. Adding accessories like.scarves (or scarfs, depending on your accent. I say scarfs) can be tricky. I recently purchased a pair of gouchos from Women With Control and love them but had no idea how to add accessories. I had to Google it to see the scale of earrings and handbag to wear. Great suggestion. 😊

Super Contributor

@HonestLife  Great idea!  Why just a scarf?  They can show handbags jewelry shoes etc.  Also color combinations.  I don't always see certain colors going together.   And yet Leah one morning had KG's pink and orange top on with WwC orange pants.  I never would have guessed that those two colors together would match. It looked great.  

Frequent Contributor

@Fribwl    Years ago, Shawn did this tutorial on scarf tying. Here is the link:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQC-ZJd9w0

Frequent Contributor

@Glittergal   Hi, Shawn did this video years ago. You might enjoy this: 
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQC-ZJd9w0

Valued Contributor

@Jeletta  Thank you for sharing that link. 😊

Respected Contributor

@Fribwl   I love scarves and have a ton of them.  It's too hot now, but come fall and until spring, I'll be wearing them all the time.  I would like an hour of scarves too.

Check out the ones from Isaac Mizrahi, his are very nice, and if you watch the presentations, many times, Jackie will show how to use a scarf. .

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

There are many tutorials on You Tube on how to tie a scarf. QVC would probably sell polyester scarves, anyway, which would be uncomfortable to wear.

The MET store is a great source for silk scarves. Beautiful and relatively inexpensive when they run a sale...

Respected Contributor

Scarves for warmth are essential to many  people. I'm in Southern California and even wear one occasionally when it's cold and I'm out early. But the lighter weight silky scarves worn as a Fashion accessory, too fussy for me!