Honored Contributor

I don't think excessively long posts are an all-consuming problem here on the boards.  I seldom see them.  Sometimes they seem longer than they are if there are no paragraphs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Very interesting you bring this up.

This is what I found.

Posters need to use paragraphs and larger print.  Often they use the default font, size 1, which is what you used to post your thread.  It's too small for some here.  

This sentence is using size 1 font.  

Size 2.

Size 3.

Size 4.

Size 5.

Which sizes are easier to read.  May I suggest everyone use at least size 3.  

Next.  Often when I say something using a sentence or two, some readers read their own thoughts, their own words, into my sentences that are not there.  Interesting, often those thoughts they project on to me are negative and strictly from their own thinking.  They somehow make assumptions about what I said that are not true.  They often send me sarcastic replies. Depending on the subject matter, I might think to explain what I meant to show them their thinking has gone haywire.  How did they come up with what they did?  Sometimes, I find it better to explain myself than have people make the wrong assumptions...the reason for longer posts.  Like this one.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't post frequently, but when I do, I can get wordy.😱

Actually my idiosyncrasy is just the opposite. I have little to no appreciation for posters who respond with one or few  words as if they can't be bothered. 

So bottom line, my preference is a poster who is a good storyteller. @amyb your name Immediately comes to mind.😍

Honored Contributor

I see no reason to limit the length of individual posts.  If something is too long for me (especially, without paragraphs, making it hard to read), I just skip it.

Esteemed Contributor

When I first started on the boards someone kindly told me my font was to small and how to change to size 3.  

@Foxxee  thanks for posting examples

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

I don't post frequently, but when I do, I can get wordy.😱

Actually my idiosyncrasy is just the opposite. I have little to no appreciation for posters who respond with one or few  words as if they can't be bothered. 

So bottom line, my preference is a poster who is a good storyteller. @amyb your name Immediately comes to mind.😍

@magicmoodz    I find that the shorter and more succinct a post is, the more likely people are to read it.  It's usually not necessary to get wordy to get your idea across.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

To me, it depends on the topic.

I've always tried to limit my postings, sorry if they may seem too short or flippant at times.

I like to get to the point. Cat LOL

So "here's the thing"....I don't like the "Suggestion of the Year". Cat Tongue Cat LOL

Trusted Contributor
As far as I know, the US still has free speech. At least for now. If you do not like the long posts, don’t read them!
Honored Contributor

@grooms These are NOT blogs, they are  forums. Feel free to scroll past things you don't care to read.

I personally skip the looong posts that are not paragraphed. I don't read long , run on posts that have no breaks.

Honored Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:
As far as I know, the US still has free speech. At least for now. If you do not like the long posts, don’t read them!

@Jinlei  These boards belong to QVC. The moderators determine what can and cannot be posted. No 'free speech'. There are rules here.