Super Contributor

STOP WITH ALL THE POP-UPS AND MOVING SCREENS ALREADY

I'm trying very hard to hit the moving target but it doesn't always work.  Things are constantly shifting around the screen, things popping up at me, I keep hitting the wrong target because it moved!  STOP!  Stop pushing your QVC c.c. on me. I have to leave the site because i get tired jogging around the pop-ups. It's gotten much worse since the last time QVC fixed something that wasn't broken in the first place.

i truly dislike coming to QVC any more and i've ordered much less. I check in now and then but i don't stay long!

Honored Contributor

Re: STOP WITH ALL THE POP-UPS AND MOVING SCREENS ALREADY

@plmokn 

Try using an ad blocker, I use AdBlock Plus (which is free) and I get NO popups at all on QVC.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

This morning I had that same issue on a bank site and then on realtor.com, both nearly impossible.   Wonder if this is being done for some reason we haven't seen discussed anywhere?

Then again, I detest my laptop so I'm always thinking  it's at fault.

Honored Contributor

Pop ups aside, many sites are now using more motion and it's annoying. I don't know why because it is distracting and makes sites more difficult to navigate. Someone, somewhere must've told them it was good for business. It isn't. Frankly, since the Internet really took off, exploded and became more about business than information and also since all websites had to become phone and tablet compatible, the whole concept of a website has pretty much gone to hell, as far as I'm concerned.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@plmokn 

Try using an ad blocker, I use AdBlock Plus (which is free) and I get NO popups at all on QVC.

@KingstonsMom 

AdBlock is a real blessing!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I agree!

I should have said in my other post that I don't get pop-ups or annoying ads on any site I visit using this!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Spurt 

I agree!

I should have said in my other post that I don't get pop-ups or annoying ads on any site I visit using this!

@KingstonsMom 

Someone recommended Adblock here on the Forum a long time ago, glad I pursued it....It got so bad on some websites I was seeing mostly all ads and pop-ups and it was hard to even find the content I was looking for.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@plmokn 

@KingstonsMom 

@Spurt  It really is... The only down side is there are an increasing number of websites that won't allow access unless you permit ads on their sites... I generally move on, but it's becoming very limiting... Yet another way in which the whole concept of a website has gone to hell: selling ad space on otherwise interesting and reputable websites... I'll tell you, Madison Avenue could ruin anything and pretty much has...

Honored Contributor

Of course, intended pop-ups and motion aside, I don't think I've ever seen a major retail website whose screens jump around as much as do QVC's. Loading, for me anyway, is rarely smooth and without some jerking around. I've often wondered why it is they don't appear to take more interest in website functionality. Ever since I've been a customer their website has been somewhat of a weak link.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@plmokn 

@KingstonsMom 

@Spurt  It really is... The only down side is there are an increasing number of websites that won't allow access unless you permit ads on their sites... I generally move on, but it's becoming very limiting... Yet another way in which the whole concept of a website has gone to hell: selling ad space on otherwise interesting and reputable websites... I'll tell you, Madison Avenue could ruin anything and pretty much has...

@stevieb 

Yep, there's some sites I refused to remove my adblocker and I just moseyed on....but a couple I had to bend to and took it off just one page....but thankfully only a couple of ads appeared....

I guess Madison Ave doesn't understand the old adage LESS IS MORE!!!! Woman Frustrated