Trusted Contributor

Re: STOP THE INCESSANT “only order of the year”, “price goes up at the end of the day”,

Nope they and you voiced your opinion and I voiced mine.

Valued Contributor

Re: STOP THE INCESSANT “only order of the year”, “price goes up at the end of the day”,

@jackthebear I don't watch, thank you. I will flip channels and go back to the Q, and each time I do, the same schpeel is being repeated each time I leave the channel and flip back. Sometimes I like to see whats new with certain vendors but can't watch for any amount of time because they repeat all those things I mention over and over. I check lunchtime specials, as is and Primetime specials online and watch the video that accompanies the item. Thanks for your thoughts

Valued Contributor

AND @Miss Pepsi I used to be a Q-ADDICT!! Yes, I did! Watched all day and ordered lots and lots (got tired of returning a lot of it) I was obsessed and consumed with the Q. This was a few years ago and everything that I mentioned, that you and others view as complaining, is why I am no longer addicted to the Q and why I don't watch more than for a few minutes. And if you check other posters complaints, you will find hundreds and hundreds of the same complaints from others. So when does a complaint become a true concern from a company. Only time will tell. I would like to get back to where I could watch a show again. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

one of the reasons I won't shop at zulilly is their no returns policy. If I'm shopping for clothes or shoes, if it doesn't fit, I want to be able to return the item.

Q has had major issues with sizing for some years now. I stopped ordering many items because the fit was off - even if I checked the click here measurements. Shoes are really difficult. I recently ordered a pair of Ryka sandals in my regular size. They are wider than I expected and I didn't buy the wide option. I'm not wasting the $ to return them as they are a casual sandal and the fit is "good enough" for that purpose.

I do admit that the "only order of the year" phrase annoys me. Sort of like their when it's gone, it's gone spiel they did some years ago. Most stores, if it sells out, well that's just the breaks, I don't need to have it said to me over and over but that's the Q's way of doing things.

Then again, I watch much less QVC than I once did mainly because their quality, value and convenience have degraded AND I choose not to deal with things that annoy me when I have the choice to do something else.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Making those sales pitches and using those tactics can be a double-edged sword. Sometimes, if they say it is the only order or last order, first, I have to decide if I believe them, which I don't always. If it is something that sells well, they will likely bring it back in a different configuration, so, technically it is not lying.

Then, if it is something I think I will like (such as a food item) and I know I won't be able to get it again, then why bother ordering, so I don't.