Valued Contributor

STOP THE INCESSANT “only order of the year”, “price goes up at the end of the day”,

"Easy pay ends at midnight", "use your Q card to take advantage of the easy pay", "our phone lines are super busy", "order now. Don't wait. Sizes and colors are selling out."

More time is spent on these things being said almost every few sentences than on the item on air. I understand the sales pitch and push, however, it only irritates the viewer. Even new viewers get the hang of it quickly.

Just make easy pay a regular part of each day. Don't play games with 3 easy pay's one day and then 4 the next and then 5 then next. There is ALWAYS easy pay.

Spend more time on the item, how it fits, does it run true to size, and DESCRIBE these items accurately. 

Allow an item to be "exchanged" before the return of the original item is received by the Q. No harm in this-if the original isn't mailed back within 30 days, charge the person for it. 

And stop letting people use an item for 30 days, even food, yes, food and then return it after they have used and ruined it and it can't be (or shouldn't be) resold. This way the price of an item can be brought down since we don't have to cover the cost of the abusers.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: STOP THE INCESSANT “only order of the year”, “price goes up at the end of the day”,

[ Edited ]

I agree that some of the things you've referenced are overdone and can become quite obnoxious. However, I like to know when a featured item is the only order of the year or when a price is expiring because it helps in my decision making—should I check my budget for buying now or try to wait and know there's a chance I'll miss out on a good deal or possibly on getting the item at all?

In case you didn't know this, the fees for food items that are damaged or unsatisfactory can be refunded, but food cannot be returned. And the prices on food items are likely to remain fairly high in many cases due to the expense involved in having "free shipping" built into the cost structure, especially for items that require special handling such as dry ice.

Valued Contributor

Re: STOP THE INCESSANT “only order of the year”, “price goes up at the end of the day”,

@loriqvc Usually if you wait, and I mean months, you can still find the same item in all the colors and sizes, and at a clearance price. They use the only order, etc. to make you think you NEED to buy it now or you'll miss out. 

I did know about the food. You can tell them it's not good and they will refund you and you keep the item, which means it's not so bad that it won't be eaten. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Because new viewers are tuning in constantly, key selling points need to be repeated.  There are times when I've actually benefited from some of the phrases you mentioned. 

The only order of the year" phrase sometimes influences my buying decision, and reminds me not to tarry if I really want that item. Sometimes, I like to be reminded if something is on easy pay.😊

I completely understand the frustration of viewers that do not care for the frequent sales pitches, but I happily relate to the viewers that do.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@Styleovertrend @Just curious if there is anything you like about QVC?

Because I think a lot of the things you dislike others may find helpful. What irritates one man can feel like sunshine to another.

Super Contributor

I like all of your suggestions except the one on returns.   Unlikely we would ever see any price reductions if they started no 30 day returns, plus who would buy without the ability to return?    That would send their sales spiraling down for sure.

The suggestion I like the most is the immediate exchange.  That's how HSN does it and it works wonderfully!   

Trusted Contributor

WOW, their job is to sell, that is how they sell.  I might be more apt to buy something now if I heard it was the only order of the year so to me that is food information.   I just tune out the schpeel on the Q card because I don't have nor do I want one.  

If I didn't have the ability to return an item, I would probably NEVER purchase it so that request in my opinion is ridiculous.

You have now complained about every part of their sales demonstrations. Perhaps you just need to find something else to watch.  Do something else, read a book, call a friend, listen to music but honestly if watching QVC causes you this much anxiety and yet you continue to watch it, that says more about you than it does about them.

Honored Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

WOW, their job is to sell, that is how they sell.  I might be more apt to buy something now if I heard it was the only order of the year so to me that is food information.   I just tune out the schpeel on the Q card because I don't have nor do I want one.  

If I didn't have the ability to return an item, I would probably NEVER purchase it so that request in my opinion is ridiculous.

You have now complained about every part of their sales demonstrations. Perhaps you just need to find something else to watch.  Do something else, read a book, call a friend, listen to music but honestly if watching QVC causes you this much anxiety and yet you continue to watch it, that says more about you than it does about them.

are there allotted numbers of complaining posts we are given.. 

if so the internet will fold quickly,  it's an opinion and we are still being allowed to have differing thoughts 

internet forums live on complaining and counterposts

Honored Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

"Easy pay ends at midnight", "use your Q card to take advantage of the easy pay", "our phone lines are super busy", "order now. Don't wait. Sizes and colors are selling out."

More time is spent on these things being said almost every few sentences than on the item on air. I understand the sales pitch and push, however, it only irritates the viewer. Even new viewers get the hang of it quickly.

Just make easy pay a regular part of each day. Don't play games with 3 easy pay's one day and then 4 the next and then 5 then next. There is ALWAYS easy pay.

Spend more time on the item, how it fits, does it run true to size, and DESCRIBE these items accurately. 

Allow an item to be "exchanged" before the return of the original item is received by the Q. No harm in this-if the original isn't mailed back within 30 days, charge the person for it. 

And stop letting people use an item for 30 days, even food, yes, food and then return it after they have used and ruined it and it can't be (or shouldn't be) resold. This way the price of an item can be brought down since we don't have to cover the cost of the abusers.

30 days return policy is aligned with most retail.  Target gives me up to a year.  

Honored Contributor

I appreciate knowing if an item I am interested in is one that will be the "only order of the year," or that the "price goes up at the end of the day," or if the "sizes and colors are selling out." 

If I think that I will get the item later in the day when I have more time or perhaps the following day, I would be disappointed that I missed out on a price that went up at the end of the day or my size/color was sold out.

Since I don't order by phone, that does not matter to me, but it could matter to others.