Regular Contributor

SHOW REVIEWS!!!! STOP BEING DISHONEST!,

I Was just going to order 5-Home Reflections 23" In/Outdoor Lantern w/Color Morphing Pillar! but I realized that they were sold before because it had a sale price.  So, I searched, and when I clicked on it it quickly showed one star, and then it disappeared!!

VERY DISHONEST!!!  SHOW REVIEWS!!!

So, I cancelled all of them!!!  
pits not the first time that it's happened to me!

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOW REVIEWS!!!! STOP BEING DISHONEST!,

@Flady1,

I agree!

I have watched as hosts will present something and talk about how wonderful it is and when I've been able to search reviews on other sites, they are all dismal. The price may be reduced or just presented as a "new" product and reviews on QVC gone.

It is very deceptive and made me not trust QVC as quality and value when they are still trying many times to sell at best not such a great product and at the worst, a defective product.

They change the item no. and remove reviews when they add a color or the amount and present it as a "new" product. I don't feel the same as I used to trusting QVC as a company. I blame the management for these deceptive practices and I don't think it does them any good in the long run. It doesn't mean I'll never order from QVC just look we are not dumb customers are we?! 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Flady1 wrote:

I Was just going to order 5-Home Reflections 23" In/Outdoor Lantern w/Color Morphing Pillar! but I realized that they were sold before because it had a sale price.  So, I searched, and when I clicked on it it quickly showed one star, and then it disappeared!!

This is terrible.  I only ordered ONE lantern because I wondered about the quality.

I usually scour the reviews BEFORE ordering but I was on the way out the door and did not want to delay my departure any longer.

I need to stick with Dr Denese and that's it.

Honored Contributor

@Flady1 wrote:

I don't like it when they delete reviews either. But! It's their website and they can do whatever they want. 

Search reviews of the item online. Not seeing reviews on Q isn't the end.

Shop around. I almost always find the same thing or something almost identical elsewhere for less money. 

And really, it was 1 review. I'd hardly take that as the final answer.

Honored Contributor

I don't read reviews much at all, but I also know that as long ago as the pre-Internet days, products were not all perfect every time.   

Even once I began reading in the Forums as some years passed, I was seeing raves for products.  Some I tried lived up to the praise I got here, but too many weren't anything special or were just plain off my shopping list.   

With the exception of major expenses where there might be engineering points I need to consider, I shop best (meaning I like what I get) when I make up my own mind.

In a recent Time article about the current trend in tv sitcoms reviving old shows reimagined, one idea stood out for me.  I should have copied it, but as close as I can come it said that the popularity of these shows is because there's a nostalgia for an era that never existed.

I've thought for a long time that nostalgia softens the pain of the past.   Happens for QVC, too.. 

Valued Contributor

I also try to find reviews in other locations before I buy. Not only does QVC often sell something that is also on Amazon, but I can find reviews there. I've also noticed that since shipping is free with Amazon the item costs less that QVC. So, not much of a special value QVC. You've got to work on that to stay competive, QVC. People can go elsewhere for reviews & purchases. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The overall problem with reviews is that people that had a problem are more likely to write one.  Yes, there are many items with great reviews too, but most people don't take the time to write a review when they had a positive experience.  

I

Trusted Contributor

It's pretty easy to Google search. I found this Lantern with 24 reviews, mostly negative. The many I read were low due to the construction, most say looks cheap because it's made out of plastic. Well, it clearly states it's made out of plastic so for me, these are irrelevant reviews. Do your research outside of QVC. Be sure to read the entire Description. Watch the video online. I always read reviews and some negative comments can be positives for me. 

My biggest complaint about reviews is when other's leave reviews without even purchasing the item. It's very misleading to the customer.