Regular Contributor

SG stated she was exclusive designer for qvc...? I think that claim could be misleading.....

I believe that she designs her items for just for Qvc. There are many other amazing vendors and designers that have their lines also designed for Qvc. SG is not the "exclusive"designer for Qvc- as she claimed this morning on the presentation. I think the statement is misleading, and self serving. 

Regular Contributor

Re: SG stated she was exclusive designer for qvc...? I think that claim could be misleading.....

Susan meant that "she works or designs for no one else."   Back in the '90's, I used to see her clothes at Lord & Taylor ... no more.  She designs exclusively for QVC, not that she is their only designer (she didn't phrase it properly, but meant something else).  

Honored Contributor

Re: SG stated she was exclusive designer for qvc...? I think that claim could be misleading.....

She said SHE designs exclusively for QVC, she didn't say she was QVC's exclusive designer.  

Regular Contributor

Right- she didn't phrase it properly - and that - on live TV- for those few moments- would be heard and construed as that she is the "exclusive designer for QVC. "  

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I simply think she just meant that she sells her line ONLY and EXCLUSIVE for QVC.  It was  a huge leap of faith when she did this back in the day, I think. But good choice as she is such a success.  Her line if very nice.  Beautiful clothes. Just my opinion of course. 

Honored Contributor

She's been on and off since midnight.  OK by me if she doesn't phrase something properly once in awhile.

Honored Contributor

@Shopchickie3I didn't watch Susan today, but she ususally bills herself as exclusive TO the company, not as their only designer.  Yes, she's exlcusive TO them, but quite obviously she's not the one and only.

I can't imagine anyone who has shopped QVC or even just watched the Q for more than 20 minutes being mislead. 

Respected Contributor

Although I once did purchase things from Susan Graver, I don't anymore for two reasons.  Reason #1 - Susan's mouth, which never stops .  Reason#2 - Prices have reached the point of no return for me. Way out of line.

Also, I recall that many years ago - maybe as many as 20 or so - QVC purchased Susan Graver's line.  I had a call from them, asking my opinion of her garments. I asked why they were calling and/or asking and the answer was that they were considering purchasing her line.  I feel quite sure they did   I also suspect that they have purchased LOGO, since she is on almost as often as Susan. But Susan does "design" for QVC, which is why they have her on constantly.  I wish they could also demand that she refrain from the constant yapping.

Regular Contributor

I think it's a grey area but whatever each person thinks is their own take.