Contributor

Re: Ring video doorbell overkill

Not blaming anyone - it’s just boring and it’s on yet again. I swear some people just come on here to take out their frustrations on others. Lol - get a life.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Q probably sells the time slots to the highest paying vendor and that vendor  uses Q's hosts.  It is not the channel is used to be.  You are just watching an infomercial channel today using Q hosts;

@hopi    That's what I've decided is happening too.  There are certain brand that now monopolize QVC on week-ends and it seems to be getting worse.  If a product needs that much intense promotion, I'd question it's quality.  Certainly a doorbell is not a traditional gift nor is it one most people would want, especially one that is so gimmicky.  They've so far shown nothing in the way of nice gifts for this season.

Should we all chip in and Rent-a-Q for a weekend and play nice Christmas music?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I agree! I call this "silly season" on QVC-hours of boring programming-no variety. Stupid silly gift ideas over and over again. Why can't they have their normal programming with  some gift ideas sprinkled in? I just don't watch this time of year.

Occasional Visitor

I agree...Total Overkill.  I thought I might be able to get my last few Christmas gifts today.  Every time I went to QVC and QVC2 the ring was both channels at the same time. Gosh give us a break !!!! Even if the Ring isn't on its products they keep showing over and over.  Absolutely no variety.  I have no problem going out to shop but hard to do at this time with a broken foot   

I've made up my mind I'm done shopping with them for awhile

Not just today's TSV everyone has been such extreme overkill it's not worth the effort to even pick up the remote and check to see what's on the air because I know what it will be.  

There are plenty of other places to shop 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @hopi........

This doorbell may work for some, but in our area the criminals don't ring the doorbell...they either look in the windows or watch the house for when no one is home.....

You are better off with a security system and motion lights.......

Valued Contributor

Variety and interesting programs have been an issue for quite awhile and QVC does not seem to be listening to their customers.  In fact they are getting worse!  I really do not watch but check online to see if there is something of interest.  Extra easy pays will not solve the problem of consumer boredom and lack of product.  Add poor shipping, slow credits, annoying hosts, high prices and you have shrinking results.

Honored Contributor

I could never be a Q host.  I could never stand there and talk about the same product for an entire hour.  And the poor vendor has to do it several times a day.  I wonder how the hosts feel when they get such an assignment.

Super Contributor

@Nataliesgramma

I agree.  With so much on air over kill about the product, showing how it works, letting you know you don't have to be home...what's to stop criminals from watching the house, seeing a pattern, watch when you're not home, avoiding their face, and then simply taping something over the viewing camera?  It's not like they can't see there is a Ring doorbell.  IMO not a good idea.

Super Contributor

@Krimpette

The vendor is there to sell, sell, sell.  I heard somewhere the hosts sign up for vendors they want to present.  That at least would give them a choice.  Plus some have their own "shows" they host all the time.  Personally, I think some shows need to change their hosts sometimes.  There are couple shows I "mute" to avoid listening to the host.

Esteemed Contributor

Waking up from a bad dream late last night I turned on the tv to try to get it out of my mind. Not sure what time it was but thinking maybe around 11:00pm or midnight. Anyway started flipping channels and Rick was on with with the doorbell rep. OMG he was so hyped up over it he couldn't be still for a second and so excited he was stuttering and sputtering all over the place. He was so beside himself over that doorbell it's a wonder he didn't pass right out.