Contributor

I know this is not a new topic, but I just need to register my great dissatisfaction with QVC's ridiculous shipping charges.  They just lost a $400 sale because when I saw the shipping charges of $27.50 for a bunch of very light clothing items that I know will take weeks to ship, that will come all in one box, and that could be shipped in a flat rate USPS box for less than half of that amount, I said forget it.  At the very least, QVC should offer free shipping when your purchase is over a certain amount. And don't get me started on the charge to return, and the mostly useless "exchange for size or color free" policy which rarely works because they never have enough stock. I've taken a lot of my business elsewhere, and I'll continue to do so until this changes. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Ridiculous Shipping Charge

@Cee Cee wrote:

I know this is not a new topic, but I just need to register my great dissatisfaction with QVC's ridiculous shipping charges.  They just lost a $400 sale because when I saw the shipping charges of $27.50 for a bunch of very light clothing items that I know will take weeks to ship, that will come all in one box, and that could be shipped in a flat rate USPS box for less than half of that amount, I said forget it.  At the very least, QVC should offer free shipping when your purchase is over a certain amount. And don't get me started on the charge to return, and the mostly useless "exchange for size or color free" policy which rarely works because they never have enough stock. I've taken a lot of my business elsewhere, and I'll continue to do so until this changes. 

If you get better service elsewhere then you're ahead. 

Trusted Contributor

@Cee Cee wrote:

@Cee Cee I'm not a big QVC clothing shopper but just want say if you request a different color or size and they are out of it, their policy is you should not be charged any return shipping fee.  Sometimes they charge it by "mistake",  just call CS and have them remove that charge.

Respected Contributor

As you said @Cee Cee there have been a lot of posts about shipping charges.  I find QVC's shipping comparable to others.  If your $400 included several pieces of clothing you are being charged per piece.  Their shipping costs includes the packaging and labor to send it.  Not just the postage.  

Honored Contributor

@Cee Cee   I agree with you.  All the retailers I'm familiar with have free shipping over a certain amount.  And IMO the cost of s/h is already factored into the price of the item so s/h is pure profit.

Super Contributor

If you just purchase one item, then the $3.50 or $5.50 shipping is ok. I agree that if you purchase multiple items, then the shipping is too high. It's why I wait for the free shipping days. I save the items to my wish list, and when I see that it's a free shipping day, I start shopping my wish list. I only purchase on days with shipping when it's an item I really need or want--which is rare. 

Respected Contributor

I just paid $8.95 shipping for an item from another retailer. QVC would have charged me $5.50 for it.