Respected Contributor

Re: Returns stuck at post office

[ Edited ]

Returns Stuck At Post Office

^^^^^^ This is exactly why I started "paying my way."  In some cases it is cheaper and some not so much.  It is ridiculous for a return to take three weeks to leave the local post office and get back to QVC.  This three party shipping method is a disaster. 

I pay for all my returns and the processing time is cut in half or better. 

Regular Contributor

I always use their label because qvc gets automatically notified. If it gets list, they know it was returned. I never get a receipt. Also, if you call CS, they will refund. I've also had it where my delivery gets stuck in limbo at the p.o. QVC will resend it immediately, if you let them know. They can see it the same why I do.
Honored Contributor

I buy and return a fair amount from the Q and always use their return label. My local post office scans the package in front of me so I know it is in the system. Most times my returns are where they should be in a fair amount of time, but it should not take anymore than 5 to 7 business days for a return to show up at it's destination. I get very nervous when I have to return big ticket items and can't track them, that happened to me just recently, but my items got back to Rocky MT. NC in record time. Just the fact the customer cannot trust the Q's return system and feel the need to check up on them is not good.

Honored Contributor

If you use Q's label.....  

1. It goes parcel post which is the slowest possible mail option.  It usually makes the pony express look fast.

2. Most big companies now rely on third parties (not USPS) to move their packages from one hub/location to another so packages sit until that third party moves them.  Many third parties move them just once a week.   

I use Q's label only on larger items.   i generally pay the postage for priority mail which is only a dollar more than the label.  Priority mail has better tracking too.