Occasional Contributor

Returned Items being sent instead of New Items…

I don't know if any of you have had a problem with the packages you receive being returned merchandise instead of new products.   My last six boxes or more have been returned and have been sent to me.  I can tell they are returns because the top of the box has a gap with wrinkled dirty tape on it and the tape at the bottom of the box is wrinkled and dirty as well.  One box had a piece missing off the item.  QVC, please do something about this problem.  I am not ordering As-Is products, I am ordering new products and expect the same.

Honored Contributor

Re: Returned Items being sent instead of New Items…

Half of what is on the shelves in stores is returned--especially shoes.  No store could stay in business if they didn't sell returns.  Or I guess maybe they could not accept returns.

Valued Contributor

I have been sent returned items, especially in clothes or jewelry.  You can tell when there is two labels on the plastic bag ( not the Qvc shipping bag).  That said, the things have been fine for me, clothing still has the tissue paper.

On the other hand, the red box on top of the page of the as-is section says the items could be customer returns etc. My opinion is that is where they should sell them because of that statement.

Trusted Contributor

I have only had this happen to me one time in all the years I have shopped at QVC....from the beginning. Since it only happened once, I remember what it was. It was a Joan Rivers barn jacket. It had the return slip in the pocket with the box checked with the reason for the return. The size wasn't right. I checked it over thorougly and found nothing wrong with it and kept it. 

All of my other orders have come pretty much pristine....so thanks QVC. 

Honored Contributor

I've been shopping at QVC since late 80's, have placed and received hundreds of orders, and have never received anything I suspected as having been used.  Sometimes USPs really beats up the boxes but that doesn't mean the merchandise is used.  I imagine returns would be put in new boxes anyway.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I also seem to be one who receives a lot of returns. This is the way I look at it. If I order clothing, and the size, color, or style doesn't work for me, I carefully wrap it back in the tissue paper, insert it in the plastic bag, and mail it back. When I receive a "return," I hope the sender is sending it back for the same reason. I wash the item, then try it on. 

The only time I've had a real problem is with a handbag that was going to be a TSV a few weeks from the time I ordered it. I ordered it early to take on a trip. It came a few days before we left. Not only was it a "return" (I could tell), but there was a huge diagonal scratch on the front! CS was great and sent a new one right away, but I didn't have it for my long trip. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

There have often been complaints about people getting sent return items. Some in bad shape, things in pockets, etc. The hosts often talk about how QVC things aren't picked over. I understand that people send items back because of things like wrong size, just like in stores. The difference with going in stores is you can check things over before you get it home.
Honored Contributor

I've never experienced getting an obvious return.  I'm thinking that could be because 99% of what I buy online are personal care products - Wen, Perricone, Philosophy. 

But even when I was ordering jewelry and decor and a bit of clothing, I was lucky.

I do think that when I go brick and mortar and try on clothes from the sale racks, the exact opposite is true -  99% oif those are returns and/or have been tried on before me.

Respected Contributor

I think people seal them up like they've never been opened.  Then no one even checks them.  

That's what mine looked like anyway.  Even the tape looked like the original, but the guy's return slip was inside. It hadn't been used, but it was a kitchen item.  Had it been clothes or something else I would have returned it.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Many of you have read my post on a sweater, that was sent to me as a new item.  It certainly wan not new at all, a worn item in fact.

How cold I tell?  This was my infamous post that I found a DIRTY KLEENEX in the pocket. 

New my A*S.

On the other hand I do buy 'as is' items that appear to be brand new items, never used, returned, worn, dirty.  Tissue still intact, packaged nicely.  Some 'as is' I receive will have a red sticker on the inside plastic bag that reads 'as is' but this happen all the time.

Of course we receive returned items.  As someone else here said, what are thinking to think we're not. B&Ms stores put returns on the racks again too.  We know this because they have MANY racks of marked down items.  We still buy them don't we?  Yes we do.