Honored Contributor

If QVC is  sending out returned items...

than why are the hosts making such a big deal that  when you shop with QVC, you are not trying on clothes someone else has tried on like in the box stores?????  That sounds like a lie to me.  

Frequent Contributor

Re: Returned Items being sent instead of New Items…

I agree with you. If I buy a product not marked 'as is'...and pay full price...I expect it to be new. I have found a few things I ordered that obviously looks like returned items. 

Super Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Many of you have read my post on a sweater, that was sent to me as a new item.  It certainly wan not new at all, a worn item in fact.

How cold I tell?  This was my infamous post that I found a DIRTY KLEENEX in the pocket. 

New my A*S.

On the other hand I do buy 'as is' items that appear to be brand new items, never used, returned, worn, dirty.  Tissue still intact, packaged nicely.  Some 'as is' I receive will have a red sticker on the inside plastic bag that reads 'as is' but this happen all the time.

Of course we receive returned items.  As someone else here said, what are thinking to think we're not. B&Ms stores put returns on the racks again too.  We know this because they have MANY racks of marked down items.  We still buy them don't we?  Yes we do.

I too, have received an obviously used/worn item - found one of those disposable plastic dental floss pics in the pocket of a Susan Graver fleece jacket.  Nothing wrong with the jacket, but I was so grossed out that I could not keep the jacket.

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Esteemed Contributor

@hunnebee wrote:

I don't know if any of you have had a problem with the packages you receive being returned merchandise instead of new products.   My last six boxes or more have been returned and have been sent to me.  I can tell they are returns because the top of the box has a gap with wrinkled dirty tape on it and the tape at the bottom of the box is wrinkled and dirty as well.  One box had a piece missing off the item.  QVC, please do something about this problem.  I am not ordering As-Is products, I am ordering new products and expect the same.

@hunnebee .. I once had the Q send me a handbag that I had purchased as "NEW" with candy, half eaten candy and candy wrappers left by the previous owner.  I immediately sent it back.  As a result I have been a bit leery about purchasing handbags from the Q.  I have purchased some but far less than I would have.  

Esteemed Contributor

For clothing, there is an easy way to determine if you are receiving a returned item. On new items, the white label on the clear plastic bag that contains your item is rectangular, approx 1"x3". On returns, the label is square, approx 2"x2". I don't know if this holds true for non-fashion items, but it does for clothes. I always look at the label first, if it is square, I look extra carefully at the item for stains or tears or smells or wear. I recently received a top that was rank with perfume, and yes, it was a return.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Occasional Contributor

Thanks all of youl for your feedback!  It's very dishearting when you expect to receive new items and you get returns.  If I know in advance I'm getting a returned item; okay, if not, I feel that I have been cheated.  I pay good hard working money for the things I order, (which is not cheap) from QVC and I don't wnat to be lied to, thinking I'm getting new, when it's a return.

New Contributor

Re: Returned Items Not being credited to credit card

Has anyone had a problem with not receiving credit to your credit Card?

I sent back item and customer service said they credited my account on Aug 23, 2016.

Today is Sept 22, 2016. Still no record on my card. I asked Joe from customer service to have supervisor call me.  No call.