Regular Contributor

Re: Return Labels

[ Edited ]

I agree with the OP - this is not a good Idea, AND IT IS an incovience for customers.

Why should anyone have to use their printer if they even have one to print out a returm slip - that QVC should include as a complete order.

I am sure its a money issue - saving tons of money on Ink and paper at the customers expense?  Yet they havent passed on savings to the customers in any way  - prices keep getting higher. Quality is going down in my opinion. Wheres the Value? Customer service?

I do not know many older people that have a need for a printer at home,  my mom is an example in her 70's there simply is no need to have one.

Shes been a customer for 20 years and honeslty has stopped ordering so much. ( Better for her in the end,  she can use her return money for mani & pedis Smiley Wink 

Be well all and take care ! 

Frequent Contributor

I agree that no return label is annoying and an inconvenience.  Not everyone has a printer!  As far as QVC saving money (let alone the planet) the same amount of paper is being used....the only savings is the ink....  I wish they would go back to the old way.  So many customers have been buyers for a long time .... obviously someone decided this was a good idea and hopefully will note our opinion as well.

Occasional Contributor

I received something with no return label.  There were directions saying to print one out. I do not have a printer, so called customer service.  I was told they are not sending return labels any longer, and will mail me one, which will take about a week to arrive.

This will make me more hesitant to order things, though I don't very often make returns. But it's enough of a hassle, without having to wait a week for the label.

Occasional Contributor

Not everyone has a printer.  I don't.  So I have to call customer service and wait a week while they mail me a return label.

Occasional Contributor

I agree.  The paper enclosure I received has a large blank area of sticky peel-off paper that could easily have been printed with a label.  And I don't have a printer.  I know lots of people (seniors) who don't have printers.  So now we have to call customer service and ask for a label to be mailed to us.

Valued Contributor
If you have money to buy from QVC, then it would seem that you have the funds to buy a printer.
Respected Contributor

@sugar plum wrote:
If you have money to buy from QVC, then it would seem that you have the funds to buy a printer.

How rude.  I don't have a printer, not because I can't afford one but because I don't WANT one.  

Honored Contributor

I'm still getting a return label at least with most clothing items.  I save the labels just in case I won't have one in the future and I need to make a return.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@NYCMOM wrote:

I agree with the OP - this is not a good Idea, AND IT IS an incovience for customers.

Why should anyone have to use their printer if they even have one to print out a returm slip - that QVC should include as a complete order.

I am sure its a money issue - saving tons of money on Ink and paper at the customers expense?  Yet they havent passed on savings to the customers in any way  - prices keep getting higher. Quality is going down in my opinion. Wheres the Value? Customer service?

I do not know many older people that have a need for a printer at home,  my mom is an example in her 70's there simply is no need to have one.

Shes been a customer for 20 years and honeslty has stopped ordering so much. ( Better for her in the end,  she can use her return money for mani & pedis Smiley Wink 

Be well all and take care ! 

Who do you consider "older people".  I am in my 70's and use my printer regularly, as do most of my friends in their 70's.  I really think it is a very small percentage of people and they probably know someone who can print a label for them.  I agree, it was convenient to have a return label enclosed, but many online retailers are eliminating all paperwork with online orders, it's just a sign of the times in our changing world. I order from Amazon a lot and you get nothing with your orders, but it's very easy to go online to start a return, get an email and go to UPS with your email and return. Perhaps qvc could go that route to make it easier for their customers.

Respected Contributor

Reading the responses I realize qvc has a population of viewers that are most likely elderly and do not have a printer. Not having a label is probably enough of an inconvenience that it may stop them from buying or will cut back on returns.  In choosing to not enclose labels they seem to be taking the chance it won't affect their sales. I have a printer and have no trouble printing a return label, but if I didn't have a printer it would be an inconvenience. I understand why people who counted on that label and its convenience can be unhappy about it. Many retailers enclose no paperwork at all when you buy online, guess the qvc people who are upset don't order from Amazon, Target, etc?