Occasional Contributor

Remove "the ad" in the Lower Right Hand Corner of Screen

I have had enough of not being able to see a product because the qvc ad for internet something or other blocks the entire right hand portion of the screen. Last night, for example, a white galvanized steel watering picture was being shown, but 2/3 of the product was hidden behind the ad. QVC, you can do better, stop filling up the screen with junk. Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Remove "the ad" in the Lower Right Hand Corner of Screen

Also while you're at it, on QVC3  it sure would be nice if the description matched what was on the screen. Because if you just turn it on and realized they have the wrong thing, you don't have a clue what the item number is, or even the vendor in some cases of the item that's being shown.  They have lost sales from me because I couldn't be bothered to try and figure out what/who's it was. 

Honored Contributor

@Chimsqua   I haven't had that problem.  Do you have an ad blocker installed on whatever you're using?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chimsqua

@Chimsqua wrote:

I have had enough of not being able to see a product because the qvc ad for internet something or other blocks the entire right hand portion of the screen. Last night, for example, a white galvanized steel watering picture was being shown, but 2/3 of the product was hidden behind the ad. QVC, you can do better, stop filling up the screen with junk. Thank you.

No one in the sales department is thinking. These sales strategies are getting in the way of making sales. We have posted here about this before. We are the customers. We buy the stuff. You'd think that savvy sellers would hone in on tips coming directly from customers, but common sense is not that common.

Respected Contributor

Occasionally I'll see a small going, going, gone pop-up in the right corner but it doesn't bother me because it goes away with a touch....I'm not seeing anything else, I'm using a tablet & Crome.

Frequent Contributor

On my xFinity X1 remote, all you have to do is press the Exit button and the ad disappears!

Don't know if it works on other remotes.

Super Contributor

I'm with you. All those pop ups are annoying and interrupt my "buying" experience. I'm sure comments in the suggestion heading are looked at and considered. Change is slow but it does happen! So, I agree, to the powers that be, too many pop ups!

Esteemed Contributor

I get one in upper right corner - always one product - covers color selection.  Don't get what you describe.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Go to your app store and find a reputable ad blocker. You can also set your device to not allow pop ups. 

Honored Contributor

Im not sure but I think the OP is talking about on TV, not a computer, iphone or whatever.   Its possible I am wrong since Im not tech savy.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)