Honored Contributor

Re: Refund shipping cost if item is not as described, i,e, measurements, fabric,etc.

@Styleovertrend wrote:

Sometimes the inseam is stated as a certain length and it isn’t. Or the length of the sleeve is stated as a certain length and it isn’t. Something is described as super soft or high quality and you get it home and it isn’t. 

There are a million variables that can cause sight differences in clothing sizes; everything from the type of fabric, equipment used, even the relative humidity.  There will always be very slight variances.  I buy a lot of clothes and I've found pants length that is up to 1" off, nothing more.  Since I was shortening the pants, it was of no significance to me.  I find most Q clothing is extremely consistent in sizing.   Perhaps your expectations are unrealistic.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Re: Refund shipping cost if item is not as described, i,e, measurements, fabric,etc.

Right...BUT THE POINT IS..is that if i want to return something that is not described accurately, I am not Charged to return it. You’re missing the point here Anonymous032819. Lets say I am selling something on Ebay and the measurements that I PROVIDE are not accurate and the buyer complains, are they supposed to not only pay the cost to ship it to them AND to return it to me because, lets say, I didn’t think I should be accurate in the measurements I AM PROVIDING? Why provide the minute measurements of each item QVC sells If its not accurate? Many buyers look at those listed measurements and purchased based on that, ASSUMING THOSE MEASUREMENTS ARE ACCURATE. I hope that makes sense to you. I can buy from JCrew, TJMaxx, BodenUSA, etc. They all provide free shipping and you can either return to the store and JCrew allows you to mail back as many items as you want in one box for ONE FEE, not a return fee for each item. In that case, if the item isn’t as described, I don’t have to pay to return and pay to have it shipped to me. I hope I have broken it down in a simple enough manner for you to get it. 

Valued Contributor

For all of you who don’t get it, read under the Customer Care Forum the post about return shipping costs outrageous. Those posters comments may make some headway with you guys

Esteemed Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

For all of you who don’t get it, read under the Customer Care Forum the post about return shipping costs outrageous. Those posters comments may make some headway with you guys

You made the conscious decision to purchase the item knowing what the return policy was.

The onus is on the customer to make INFORMED decisions BEFORE they click on the "Submit" button.

The customer has a responsibility in knowing the return policy before they make a purchase.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

Right...BUT THE POINT IS..is that if i want to return something that is not described accurately, I am not Charged to return it. You’re missing the point here Anonymous032819. Lets say I am selling something on Ebay and the measurements that I PROVIDE are not accurate and the buyer complains, are they supposed to not only pay the cost to ship it to them AND to return it to me because, lets say, I didn’t think I should be accurate in the measurements I AM PROVIDING? Why provide the minute measurements of each item QVC sells If its not accurate? Many buyers look at those listed measurements and purchased based on that, ASSUMING THOSE MEASUREMENTS ARE ACCURATE. I hope that makes sense to you. I can buy from JCrew, TJMaxx, BodenUSA, etc. They all provide free shipping and you can either return to the store and JCrew allows you to mail back as many items as you want in one box for ONE FEE, not a return fee for each item. In that case, if the item isn’t as described, I don’t have to pay to return and pay to have it shipped to me. I hope I have broken it down in a simple enough manner for you to get it. 

If I am buying something off of ebay, I make sure to read the return policy BEFORE I decide to buy. 

The onus, and responsibility is on me to make an informed decision before I click on the "submit" button.

I expect leeway in measurements, because items can vary from one to the next.

It is unrealistic to expect every blue shirt in size medium to have the exact same measurements from one size  medium blue  shirt to the next size  medium blue shirt.

There are countless variables that go into clothing manufacturing, from the materials used to make the fabric, to the humidity on the day that it was made, the sewing machine used, the skill of the person making the garment, etc.

If you want exact measurements, maybe you should make your own clothes, that way you'll know the exact measurements down to the millimeter.

Honored Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

@Styleovertrend Why so contentious?  What we are trying to impart is that QVC does not sell perfection, makes no guarantee about that, and isn't going to pay you or anyone else to try looking for it. How could we be more clear?  I don't know.  

Valued Contributor

You’re all right again! I DO research before I hit submit. I just want to get what i ordered. Period. As described. Period. And if I have to return because it doesn’t meet the standards as stated, I don’t want to pay for their mistake. Period. I do know things vary. I’ve been a clothes horse since I was 4. A couple years ago I didn’t have this issue with the Q. Usually one designer was consistent in sizing and quality. Not so much now which is why I am back to consumer friendly stores who stand behind their products. Go TJMaxx, Marshall’s, JCrew, BodenUSA, Wayfair, Amazon. Which by the way Amazon is killing it. And if I personally think something isn’t up to MY quality standards, they issue a refund, no problem and no questions ask. If I tell them the product wasn’t as described, they issue a refund. It doesn’t depend on whether they think I’m being a picky consumer or a consumer who expects to get what is advertised and didn’t. They give me the refund based on MY opinion of the item. If sizing is different than what is stated in the description, they don’t think i should keep the item figuring there should be some leeway or inconsistency in the product. 

Honored Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

Yeah, get snarky and insulting to other posters who don't necessarily agree with you, that's the adult, mature way to go.

SInce you've obviously decided not to shop here and rejected help that was kindly offered to you by a Mod upthread, why keep complaining???

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

You’re all right again! I DO research before I hit submit. I just want to get what i ordered. Period. As described. Period. And if I have to return because it doesn’t meet the standards as stated, I don’t want to pay for their mistake. Period. I do know things vary. I’ve been a clothes horse since I was 4. A couple years ago I didn’t have this issue with the Q. Usually one designer was consistent in sizing and quality. Not so much now which is why I am back to consumer friendly stores who stand behind their products. Go TJMaxx, Marshall’s, JCrew, BodenUSA, Wayfair, Amazon. Which by the way Amazon is killing it. And if I personally think something isn’t up to MY quality standards, they issue a refund, no problem and no questions ask. If I tell them the product wasn’t as described, they issue a refund. It doesn’t depend on whether they think I’m being a picky consumer or a consumer who expects to get what is advertised and didn’t. They give me the refund based on MY opinion of the item. If sizing is different than what is stated in the description, they don’t think i should keep the item figuring there should be some leeway or inconsistency in the product. 

Careful, retailers are cracking down on serial returners/those who abuse the stores/company's return policy.

Return too many times and BAM! you are cut off.

And I'm NOT talking about QVC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Styleovertrend- The first reply to your original post was an offer from a moderator to mark a return as defective:  in other words, you wouldn't be charged for return shipping, nor would the original shipping be deducted from your refund.  You chose not to provide any details.

Instead, you've said that there are "too many" to count - so why would you continue to order things, if it happened more than once or twice?  You seem to have very exacting expectations.

In the clothing industry there is an accepted level of variation in sizing:  fact.  This has nothing to do with QVC, it's across the board with all manufacturers and has been from the beginning of mass production.  If you want exact measurements, you will need to have items made for you personally.

Nothing anyone says to you regarding the matter is going to make a difference and it's not because they don't get your "point".  You just wanted a chance to rant about QVC and you've done that.

(BTW, are you returning all these other things to TJ Maxx, etc. in person?  If so, S&H aren't involved.  Do they also compensate you for your time and transportation costs to get to the store?  Just curious.)