Trusted Contributor

Re: Refund shipping cost if item is not as described, i,e, measurements, fabric,etc.

I recently bought a great pair of black slacks, at Nordstrom 

I liked them so much I went back and bought two more, exact same slack, but this time, in navy, and dark green. I didn't try them on, I bought  the same size, as the black. 

The navy fit a good size smaller, and the green pair were too short and the waist band, too big, very weird fit. Both went back. 

Inconsistent sizing, up and down the fashion industry, has been a problem, and a huge source of complaints, for as Long as I can remember, it seems. 

Bottom line, if a company is not meeting your standards, don't do business with them. 

Whose fault it is,can be debated, endlessly.  But you're not happy, move on.  

It sounds like, you'd do much better, shopping in person, although, that can be sure be a ****** shoot, as well! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Refund shipping cost if item is not as described, i,e, measurements, fabric,etc.

[ Edited ]

Oh my gosh, I just read another bit of the OP's post above (I find them hard to read with no paragraphs or proper punctuation).  The bit about being a clothes horse since she was 4!!! 

Well, no wonder she's so indignant buying off-the-peg clothes from QVC.   Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP states "Ok. Here’s a specific. I ordered the Louis delolio classic trench in a size 14 in espresso. Beautiful color and super fit EXCEPT that in the description the sleeve length from CB,or center back, says its 32’. Well, I measured the one I was mailed and it measures 30 1/2” from center back. Do I keep exchanging until I get one that is actually 32”?"

If it is a super fit why measure it and complain about it?

Wow!  I never knew anyone who actually measures clothing they buy with the expectation that the results will match perfectly.  I know I cannot go by any size charts and rarely have issues with a near perfect fit.  Before ordering I check out the reviews to see if the majority say true to size, runs small or big and never have to return things.   Very rarely do I have to return for an exchange and once I find what size works for me in a brand - no returns.  Saying quality is not what you thought is subjective as it appears OP is obviously way too hard to please.  I know TJ Max often sells rejects that didn't pass inspection but no written specs to check I guess so that is ok.  

Honored Contributor

I agree with you.  Have had the same problems.  

Valued Contributor

If i went to a store than shipping and return fees aren't an issue. 

Valued Contributor

Yes I do know the return policy when i order and don't have a problem with it when i get the item i ordered as described. If i want to return it because i just dont like it, then that's on me.

Valued Contributor

Being honest and direct in this day and age is now considered being snarky or being a bully or bashing. My point was to try and help ones understand my POV. I've never cared if anyone agrees with me or not. I was trying to appeal to the reasonable. And i did respond to the MOD about the item. It was a Louis faux-suede short trench coat, so you know. I dont do social media for the reason that you come across too many who want to argue for the sake of arguing. Not gonna do it here either. Over and out.

Contributor

I believe the point being made is that when you purchase an item online, the seller better take extra care to supply accurate information.  For me, it would be inseams. I'm tall so I look for a minimum length. If I received pants that were 2" shorter than what was stated and made them unwearable, yeah I wouldn't be happy about paying shipping both ways. It might sound very picky to some. 
if you purchased a cabinet to fit in a limited space and once arrived it didn't fit because of inaccurate measurements stated, would you want to pay shipping both ways?

i haven't had this exact problem with anything I've purchased but can understand how it would be frustrating for those who have. 
For those who repeatedly say "move on, shop somewhere else", "turn the channel if you don't like it" etc., you miss the point entirely. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Styleovertrend wrote:

Sometimes the inseam is stated as a certain length and it isn’t. Or the length of the sleeve is stated as a certain length and it isn’t. Something is described as super soft or high quality and you get it home and it isn’t. 

@Styleovertrend, if a length is wrong in either the inseam or the sleeve, I think you can send the item back and get a full refund of everthing, including original s/h and return fee.  If I order pants because they are described as a 32" inseam and I get them and they are 30", I cannot wear them for my intended purpose.  I will return them as defective and I'd expect every dime to be refunded.

How soft something is or whether it's quality or not is very subjective.  Some people find cashmere super soft, others find it scratchy.  Everyone's opinion of what constitutes high quality is very different at well.  

While I do think there are areas that QVC could do better in, I also think there are customers who for lack of a better term, are ripping QVC off as well.  Those people would come up with any return reason to expect Q to refund original s/h and return label fee. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Styleovertrend wrote:

Ok. Here’s a specific. I ordered the Louis delolio classic trench in a size 14 in espresso. Beautiful color and super fit EXCEPT that in the description the sleeve length from CB,or center back, says its 32’. Well, I measured the one I was mailed and it measures 30 1/2” from center back. Do I keep exchanging until I get one that is actually 32”?

@Styleovertrend Let me repeat what I said:  You need to shop somewhere else.  Ain't gonna happen here.  

@Soonerwhether clothes are fitted or not is very different from measurements being completely misstated.  If a specific inseam, length, etc is given for a garment, they should be correct.  If they are not correct, the customer should be able to return and get every dime refunded.

If a garment is listed as fitted and it's semi-fitted, that is different.