Frequent Contributor

Refreshing H by Halston Prices!!

While watching the presentation of H by Halston, I was impressed with the pricing.  I've always thought of the Halston line as quality, whether it's shoes, jackets or t-shirts.  When comparing this line to others, i.e., Susan Graver, Lori Goldstein, Issac, etc. the prices are much more affordable IMO.  Here is an example - Motorcycle French Terry Jacket - $34.72.....Chiffon Drape Knit Top $23.64......Scoop Neck Knit Tank $27.50....Ponte Knit Pull On Pants $18.88.......Leather Crossover Sandal $39.72.....Leather Block Heel Sandal $54.86......Leather Slip On Sneaker $35.76.  Many of these are either Customer Top Rated or Best Seller, I might add.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Refreshing H by Halston Prices!!

It appears many of the items you listed are on clearance, which is why they're cheaper than they would normally be.  It doesn't help for something to be cheap if it's undesirable.  I find many of the Halston items are thin and clingy or shapeless and drab.  I don't think the line is doing well, and I can see why. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I find Halston clothes to be reasonably priced & very well made! Susan Graver,Issac & Logo should take a page from Halstons book!!

Honored Contributor

@catpat@Kachina624

It makes me wonder what is going on in fashion, but I have been wondering this for a number of years, now.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

I personally really like the Halston cardigans.  They run small but are very reasonably prices and quality garments.  I just have never tried anything else.

BUT I LOVE ...CAMERON SILVER.  Hes funny, personable, and knows fashion.  I love listening to him, his knowledge , humor, and how courteous he is and DOES not talk over the hosts.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

A285191
H by Halston French Terry Motorcycle Jacket with Rib Detail

I have this jacket in black and really like it.

I wear a petite, and this fits perfectly... the length is not too short.

Honored Contributor

That chiffon drape knit top was a TSV wasn't it?  That has been on clearance for quite awhile so they must have had a huge inventory of them that didn't sell.

I don't care for it but everytime I've seen it presented, it doesn't look good on the hosts or models.  The back of it is super clingy.  I suspect this is why it's on clearance and why there are so many of them left.

I don't own the Halston line so I can't comment as to the quality.  The one thing I did buy was a ribbed sweater dress.  I ordered my normal size and it was ginormous.  I think I could have gone down 2 sizes in that dress.  I sent it back because it just hung like a shapeless sack on me.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

I own a few Halston items, all in black.

There is a faux suede (ultrasuede) drape neck moto jacket that I took on vacay up north... the perfect weight, well made, stylish and IT FITS ME YAY🎉 

Also, I own every color of the first item ever presented... the boxy sweatshirt. (Love)

Then, there is a drape neck turtleneck I own and love... the hem is asymmetrical, but it is shorter than other lines, so it works for me.

These items are well-made and well-designed. Not speaking for everything in the line, of course.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have ordered 3 Halston tops and 1 sweater. All nice and we'll made. Wash and dry well.

Don't like everything he sells but I like what I got. The prices are OK, my my standards.