Honored Contributor

Re: Red... Blue based or yellow based?

[ Edited ]

@Rumplestiltskin2 - THANK YOU!! This has been frustrating for me as well. I can't wear blue reds. It's really hard to have to try to figure this out by myself.

The HOSTS and VENDORS should do this!  Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Some 'lipstick' reds are indeed blue-reds.  Right?  

Used to be that there were (maybe still are) blue-red lipstick colors.   I'll have to take a look.

Anyway, I look better in blue-reds, and not as well (in MY eyesight) in red-orange.   But, who knows?  Could be that others like red-orange color on me!

I guess it's all in the way that we perceive colors, and everything else, for that matter.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

I wish they would separate all the offered colors of an item into yellow based or blue based since I will only buy blue based.  In Fall, they have way too many yellow based items. No matter the season, I won't wear colors that don't look good with my skin tone. 

Honored Contributor

@VancouverUSAgal wrote:

I wish they would separate all the offered colors of an item into yellow based or blue based since I will only buy blue based.  In Fall, they have way too many yellow based items. No matter the season, I won't wear colors that don't look good with my skin tone. 

@VancouverUSAgal 

Traditionally, according to the season, you will find the highest saturation of that color on the market.

Fall and Spring are the yellow based seasons, therefor yellow based shades will saturate the market.

Winter and Summer are your clear true shades with Winter known for jewel tones.

Honored Contributor

Just thought of something........I thought I was a blue-red girl, but, thinking back, I used to wear an orange based lipstick (a couple of years or so before wearing masks).

Recalling various people saying 'You're wearing orange lipstick!'.  Now, I don't know if they were compliments or something else....

I thought I'd try something 'different', color-wise.  I'll have to find that lipstick and take another look in the mirror. lol

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).