Regular Contributor

Receiving "returned" clothing

Let me start by saying I am a long time QVC shopper (decades) and the Clothing category is the one I purchase from the most.  From time to time, I have received a "re-packaged" returned clothing item.  But, lately, I have received MORE and they are obviously ones that are DEFECTIVE and should not have been re-shipped to other customers.

I like to give appropriate examples, so just this week, I received 3 re-packaged clothing items. 

Item #1.  A pink Denim & Co jacket that has laundry detergent blue marks all over the shoulder and a mark inside the neckline.  I can't exchange because they are sold out, so I will keep it because it was a lunchtime special price ... if it had been full price, I would absolutely have returned it. 

Item #2.  A pair of Kim Gravel crop pants in light wash.  They stink of a bleach scent. 

Item #3 ... and my final straw and what prompted me to write this post ... a pair of Kim Gravel crop pants in medium wash.  They were messily re-packaged and thru the package they stunk of mothballs!!  I mean really.  The scent was so strong that I never opened the item package, never tried them on and double bagged it in my garage. 

I will be returning the pants, checking off "defective" and hope that I won't be charged the return shipping and that the original shipping will be credited.  

The re-packaging of defective items has become much more prevalent and needs to stop.  We, loyal customers, do not need to deal with these issues, don't need the hassle of completing return forms, schlepping to the post office, getting it scanned and then waiting for our credits.  Plus, we don't need QVC flagging us for returns on clothing that is defective and in other instances, sizing that is so "off" these days that it's becoming ridiculous ... because, yes, over the years, I've gotten that "you return too much letter".  It literally makes me want to scream.

Again, I am a long time customer.  I ADORE the QVC clothing that I own and wear almost every single day.  The QVC clothing selection is unsurpassed for variety, color, sizing, fabric ... and fabulous a lot of the time.  So, QVC please stop re-packaging and re-shipping clothing that it is obviously defective.pinkjacketpinkjacket2.jpgkimpants2.jpgkimpants1.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Receiving "returned" clothing

I've received a ton of returned items.  Thank goodness for them or I would have missed out of many wonderful garments.  I have NEVER received one that wasn't in pristine condition, neatly folded and indistinguishable from brand-new, first-run.

It is not true that returns are automatically defective.  I've often received clothing and never open the package because I don't like the color or I've changed my mind. Many people return because the item just doesn't fit or is not flattering on them.

I can only assume that the OP had a run of bad luck.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have had both good and bad experiences over the years but I will admit more good.

However, I hope those blue stains come out of that jacket or it's totally useless, IMO.

That would be at the PO already if I received it in that condition.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal wrote:

I have had both good and bad experiences over the years but I will admit more good.

However, I hope those blue stains come out of that jacket or it's totally useless, IMO.

That would be at the PO already if I received it in that condition.

@LindaSal  I totally agree with you. I would return the jacket. It does not matter how much she paid for it.

Just reading the word "mothballs" makes me feel nauseous.

Valued Contributor

I had some problems recently after waiting over a month for a pair of Kim Gravel red pedal pushers.  I received white even though the package stated the red color I requested.  The item smelled strongly of that awful Febreeze spray and it stunk up my house.  Obviously someone bought two colors and returned one in the wrong bag.  I've received other items that reeked of perfume.  I've never received anything stained or with any damage though.  

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered Vince Camuto shoes on 'Lunchtime Specials' and the soles are dirty, very dirty!

Esteemed Contributor

If I am paying full price I will not accept an article that is not pristine and this is for any item purchased on line, not just the Q.  Yes, I know returns are also sold in B&M stores but I have the opportunity to inspect the item before choosing to buy.  I choose not to buy as is. my personal choice.

Contributor

@bluehydrangea Thank you for this post, it validates that I am not alone in experiencing this!!

What really gets my goat, is when I call CS about my reason for returning & I sometimes get a snotty gal who acts like she doesn't believe me, or says that I am the only one complaining about this!! Most of the time though, I have spoken to Wonderful CS Agents who not only regal me with other similar customer stories, but share with me their own horror stories! I actually really appreciate their honesty & candor! It makes me feel like at least QVC is hiring competent people in some areas of their business!!

The most incredible experience I've had is when I opened a pair of shoes that were obviously defective & they still had the previous woman's Return Slip Inside.... on which she had written in big print "Defective! Do Not Resend Out!" 

Honored Contributor

These items should have gone into the "as is" department with corresponding price reductions.

Super Contributor

So far, so good with me. However, I understand that if you pay full price (or even sale price), you expect a brand new item--not used or even "tried on" for the 30 days before returning. I think this shows that the workers at the warehouse are not looking closely at the returned items. Maybe they are overworked and don't have enough time? Don't know, but I try to be very careful with ordering QVC and HSN clothing because you don't have the luxury of trying on and looking at the item before you purchase.