Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Realistic looking CZ please. We want realistic looking Diamonique stones.

I clearly see a difference in the older Diamonique stones and the new stones and the difference is unrelated to stone size. It’s a CZ formula and manufacturing technique that accounts for the difference.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have old Diamonique; I have newer.  It all.looks the same to me.  Fake.  I think some peoples'  imaginations are working overtime.  If you want a realistic simulant, go look at Moissanite but be prepared to pay for it.

Imaginations are working overtime at what?
Super Contributor

Amy Stran has a beautiful real wedding band......I don't understand why she constantly wears a fake Diamonique (that totally looks fake) with it.  The band deserves to stand on its own.  jmo

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC seems to be pushing the bigger engagement ring carat weights.  Just my opinion, but the rings Amy, Courtney Khondabi, and Shawn are now wearing look ridiculously and obviously fake. 

But perhaps that in itself is the new trend -- the bigger the better, and it doesn't matter if it looks like it's $7.99 from Target.   

Respected Contributor

I can't see a lot of difference in the stones themselves, but the sizes!!!  Three and four and more carat earrings and pendants?  Waaay to big to be real!  I recently went looking for a simple bezel set solitaire necklace to wear casually, out walking and such, so I wouldn't have to worry about losing my Tiffany diamond necklace.  Could not find anything even remotely like it on QVC, but did on "the big A" website, for $14, set in silver.  Cheap insurance against loss, and small enough to be believable.  I just could not see spending significantly more at the Q for a huge stone that screams "FAKE". 

As to the quality of the older stones, I am sorry to say that more than one of my decade+ old DMQ stones has gone dull and grey, and no cleaning fixes it.  Since I have long since shredded the shipping invoice, I have no proof of purchase, so no use sending it back, at some point I'll just pitch what's set in silver and sell what's set in gold to a scrap dealer.

Honored Contributor

I also took a Diamonique piece in to a jeweler because a baguette was loose. He wanted me to sign an insurance form so I could leave it overnight and he put the value at $5k on the form! I told him it was cz so he got out his loop and looked and he was still impressed with the stone and said the quality was very good. Wish they would bring back the high quality again.
Honored Contributor

I've been noticing that the larger engagement/wedding rings must be heavy........they fall to the side of the finger.

I'd like to see them sit straight upward on the finger. 

Also, yes, bring back solitaires without all of the halos, extra stones, etc. 

In believeable sizes.

My fingers are rather slim, and I'd like to see more Diamonique rings that will 'stay put'.  

In 12K or 14K.  Yellow gold.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I've been noticing that the larger engagement/wedding rings must be heavy........they fall to the side of the finger.

I'd like to see them sit straight upward on the finger. 

Also, yes, bring back solitaires without all of the halos, extra stones, etc. 

In believeable sizes.

My fingers are rather slim, and I'd like to see more Diamonique rings that will 'stay put'.  

In 12K or 14K.  Yellow gold.  

Since significant weight loss, NO solitaire, Diamonique or diamond "stays put" on my finger except my mom's almost one carat diamond, set in an old fashioned flat, fish tail setting.

Even my own engagement diamond, reset in a heavy setting a custom quarter size smaller than my other rings, flips and lands in my palm when I wear it. 

I think I've tried every guard ring there is, never found the right one.