Honored Contributor

Re: Luminara TSV Candles-- Please Show Them Unlit

[ Edited ]

I have a bone to pick with the Luminara TSV presentations. Why don't the host and vendor show them in the "off" position? I have the benefit of knowing that they look fake and unattractive when they're not lit. The "flame" is a piece of flat plastic. I ordered one several years ago, and sent it right back for this reason.

l think that your viewers deserve full disclosure. The presentations are certainly long enough that you could show how these candles look in the "off" position.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

They are ugly when unlit...you will never see them that way...that is why i refuse to buy them...i would like true disclosure,too...

Respected Contributor

@circles wrote:

They are ugly when unlit...you will never see them that way...that is why i refuse to buy them...i would like true disclosure,too...

I bought one set last year.  I kept them but was quite surprised to see what they really looked like. 

Trusted Contributor

I am a candle lover.  I have Candle Impression, Luminara, and REAL candles in my home.  To me, they all look BLAH when not lit.  But when they are "lit", Luminara are by far my favorite.  I can have that warm glow in my home at times when I would never have a real candle lit.  They are pricey, but I love them.

Different strokes for different folks!

Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

@circles: By not disclosing this, it's a win/win for the Q, IMO. Many customers who are unsatisfied will keep them anyway, wanting to avoid the hassle and expense of returning them. And others will return them, and the Q will make a profit on all of those return-shipping fees.

"Caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware). 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have mostly ivory Luminara....the unlit "flame" is much less noticeable than in the colored ones, IMO., and tends to disappear when surrounded by other pretty things (:

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that they are not pretty when unlit and also agree that they should be presented in an unlit view too. It is one of the reasons I do not own many Luminara candles.  However, I do like the look when the candle is on!!

I do not have too many Luminaras. But those that I do own are placed up high or in areas that are not really not seen well during the day. I know that is not a solution for everyone, but they really do look great at night!

Honored Contributor

Unlit doesn't bother me....image.jpeg

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Contributor

I have many Luminara candles around my house and the beauty of them while lit far exceeds my expectations and friends and family who visit are always amazed at how real the candle looks to them.  When they are unlit, they look no more ugly than an unlit real candle looks with the darkened tip or when it has a mushroom plume on top of the wick that needs to be trimmed.  Mine are all ivory colored, so maybe that's why they don't look that bad to me unlit.

Respected Contributor

I don't care for the flameless candles with the fake flames.  I have a few older CI candles that just glow and they are very pretty and look real.