Occasional Contributor

RETURNS....are they checked?????

I bought a "as is" Brenna Dooney & Bourke. I've had good luck in the past with "As Is" and wanted this pruse.

However, this time I didn't receive the matching Wallet, KeyFob or dust cover.

I'm sure most customers don't mind a scratch here and there, but the extra items that actually go with the purchase should be there too. C'mon QVC wheres the Quality Control and doesn't this make you and Dooney look bad ???????

Esteemed Contributor

Re: RETURNS....are they checked?????

I love the AS IS category but I never buy something that has PARTS.  Mostly I buy blouses, skirts, pants.  I have never had a problem and most of my items look to be totally new and well packaged.  

I await the opportunity to buy items AS IS.  I mostly see what is offered, put it in my shopping cart or wish list  and then wait and wait hoping someone will not want or like it.         

Honored Contributor

I'm convinced time and time again that no matter what you order including if it's supposed to be brand new, you never know what you're going to get.  It's a guessing game.  Sometimes you don't even get what you ordered. 

No one reads anything in the returns department - they prove this time and time again.  And if you're on waitlist, there's no telling what may show up at your door.

If you buy 'as is' items (and yes I do fairly often too) well that's a whole other issue.  Yes I take my chances with as is and have truly been surprised AND NOT IN A GOOD WAY with what I may get.

So even and especially again I say with brand new items, you take a chance when you open your package.

Respected Contributor

I agree on the guessing game thing.   I recently got an item that still had a return slip inside with the returner's name.   My order slip was also just a printed piece of paper.  It obviously had never been used and I kept it, but it was pretty weird.   CS just said return it if I didn't want it.  Hopefully the guy got his money back, there was no evidence on the box that it had been returned.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

Certainly don't know for sure, but I hope that QVC inspects all products that are returned to them, especially if the return slip is marked 'defective'. Defective items should be returned to the manufacturer. The rest can go in the 'as is' section. Wouldn't want them selling returned merchandise as new. I once returned a defective small car vac for an exchange, and received the same one that I sent back. Boy, did they hear it from me. Recently returned a set of VPH candle holders with a very obvious crack in the base. No one should be receiving those.

Super Contributor

And THAT, my friend is why it was "as is"! That's the risk you take when you purchase an item from that category. If those pieces being with your purchase were that important perhaps you should have purchased it new and not "as is".