Honored Contributor

Re: RETURN LABELS A MUST QVC.

@CABRIT wrote:

When one of your boasts  has always been '30 days or return the item', you must include a return label!  Many people can't print one, nor should they have to!   I understand the need for cutbacks occasionally, but when the QVC name includes CONVENIENCE, that must stay.  You won't get so many returns, but you also won't keep all those customers!  Is it worth it - I don't think so.  The cost of a return label against the loss of a customer - it doesn't beat the smell test! 

I agree.  I'm also irritated because my grocery store no longer prints receipts...aka saving money and trees. If only they were as altruistic as they say they are.  

Trusted Contributor

I don't order a ton but in the past 10 years I have only needed to return one thing for size.  That particular item did have a return lable with it but I think in the last couple of years that is the only thing that did have a return lable with it.

I have a printer so for me it is not a big deal to just print one if I didn't have one.  I cannot imagine living without a printer.

I shop primarily mail order from many many companies including Amazon and I don't get return lables with any of my stuff.  I guess to me it is not a big deal at all.  I am careful about my purchases and make darn sure I want it really badly or I need it before I buy.  

Honored Contributor

@Thats Me wrote:

Oh gosh @rms1954 @do,you think it was a mistake when hsn didn't include one? I've never gotten a package from them that didn't include a return label and packing slip.

I have gotten some from QVC that didn't include the labels. Several I needed to return and they had to mail to me because I don't have a printer. They said it would be ok if it was past the 30 days.

@Thats Me 

I rarely order from HSN and don't any longer.

Placed 3 orders a couple months ago.  None had invoices OR return labels and were terrible quality.

I printed my own.

QVC is NOT the only place that doesn't include invoices or return labels.

Walmart, Wayfair, Overstock, Builders.com, Target, Amz...I never get ANY paperwork from them.

I didn't like it at first but then realized....GET OVER IT.  This is the way of it now.

less paper, less waste.  I have email records of my receipts and only need a return label for a return.

Print my own for the few things I return or ask it to be sent to me.

Honored Contributor

@Wobin wrote:

I have thought about saving the labels of items I don't return to use for something I am returning and QVC did not provide a label.  

@Wobin 

I would NOT do that.

The bar coding on the return labels is for THAT item only.

They scan upon receiving it....you prolly would NOT get the correct credit!

It could then be a CS nightmare trying to prove what you really returned.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@CABRIT    I dont know of another internet merchant that includes return labels.  The one with which I do business sure dont, including Amazon and Walmart.

Its no big deal to take a piece of paper or a printed address label from stationary supplies, (I use 3 X 5 cards) and make your own label then mail at the USPS.  The addresses for returns are in the CS section.

The only draw back to that @Kachina624  is that now you must go to the PO yourself to return.

The prepaid label gives you the very big convenience of scheduling a free USPS pickup.

I know there are apps and programs to print your own postage...but sometimes those have an upcharge....plus you have to know how to do that...weigh it etc.

I don't !   Hee hee

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@CABRIT wrote:

When one of your boasts  has always been '30 days or return the item', you must include a return label!  Many people can't print one, nor should they have to!   I understand the need for cutbacks occasionally, but when the QVC name includes CONVENIENCE, that must stay.  You won't get so many returns, but you also won't keep all those customers!  Is it worth it - I don't think so.  The cost of a return label against the loss of a customer - it doesn't beat the smell test! 

I agree.  I'm also irritated because my grocery store no longer prints receipts...aka saving money and trees. If only they were as altruistic as they say they are.  

My ATM isn't printing receipts...I had to type in my email address to get a deposit receipt emailed to me.

Many retailers now have the option to email you a receipt instead of printing it....Ulta for one, and several others...Oh I think Michaels asked me to email it.

Valued Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@CABRIT wrote:

My ATM isn't printing receipts...I had to type in my email address to get a deposit receipt emailed to me.

Many retailers now have the option to email you a receipt instead of printing it....Ulta for one, and several others...Oh I think Michaels asked me to email it.

A grocery store not providing receipts could be quite problematic. Several weeks ago, we purchased one jar of peanut butter at a major grocery store chain. I checked my receipt when I got back to the car. I had been charged for four peanut butters! I went back into the store and directly to customer service. They immediately refunded my money. Would I have noticed without a receipt? Who knows? The refund was almost $10. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

grocery......

walmart pickup does not provide physical receipt.   they send email with what was picked up.

i put my groceries away then i review the pickup list.  since i touch every item when putting it away, i know what was picked up.

i then pull up my pick up list and review line by line.

last week, i found they charged me for a sub item instead of the ordered item price.

i called wm customer service and they reviewed the transaction and immediately refunded me.

simply no need for a physical receipt piece of paper

welcome to 2022 

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Valued Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

grocery......

walmart pickup does not provide physical receipt.   they send email with what was picked up.

i put my groceries away then i review the pickup list.  since i touch every item when putting it away, i know what was picked up.

i then pull up my pick up list and review line by line.

last week, i found they charged me for a sub item instead of the ordered item price.

i called wm customer service and they reviewed the transaction and immediately refunded me.

simply no need for a physical reciept piece of paper

welcome to 2022 

When these big box stores quit using plastic bags for groceries, I will believe that the elimination of paper receipts is truly their valiant effort to "save the planet" vice just cutting the store's costs. We are already having to check ourselves out! What will be cut next? Customer Service is at an all time low and becoming almost non-existent.

Valued Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Wobin wrote:

I have thought about saving the labels of items I don't return to use for something I am returning and QVC did not provide a label.  

@Wobin 

I would NOT do that.

The bar coding on the return labels is for THAT item only.

They scan upon receiving it....you prolly would NOT get the correct credit!

It could then be a CS nightmare trying to prove what you really returned.

I have wondered about that which is why I haven't done it.