Regular Contributor

Re: Qvc is losing sales because of no free shipping

OMG.....I so agree.  QVC needs to update their shipping policy.......so antiquated and w items available elsewhere makes buying from QVC not worth it.  QVC does not listen......very few retailers charge initial S&H......and although they sometimes have great deals...many priducts are more expensive to buy from here vs elsewhere simply due to S&H.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@davisesq212 wrote:

I think qvc is not doing free shipping specials because they know right now that most people are not going out shopping. They are taking advantage of that. Just my thoughts on the subject of course. Not saying its right or wrong. 

Yes, but they're not the only game in town.  Back in the day, TV home shopping was a godsend for people who couldn't go out - or preferred not to.  People were so happy to have it as an option that they didn't mind paying high prices and high costs for shipping.

But now there's a lot of competition.  And many other online retailers are much more appealing -  more interesting variety of merchandise, lower prices, free shipping, faster delivery, better customer service.  I really think QVC should take a look around and learn from what others are doing,  Undoubtedly they're losing business because they refuse to keep up with the times.   People have a ton of options now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What is affecting my shopping here is not the free-ship but the chronic late processing, inconsistent shipping times, exchange screwups and mis-sent package issues I have experienced last couple months.  This requires contact with QVC Social Team to unwind, fix, change, etc. where necessary. I have to package up returns, exchanges, wrong items sent, etc. etc. and getting rather tired of this waste of time when ordering online is supposed to be convenient.  I think, unfortunately, pandemic may have become an excuse for poor service received no matter where it is received.  For these reasons, am ordering elsewhere when I receive a more customer-friendly environment.  Only ordering here when not available elsewhere or have an AutoDelivery.  Unfortunately had ship delay on AutoDelivery, received delayed shipping on a dry-ice food product thawed and ruined due to UPS delays.

Honored Contributor

@Styleovertrend Fine, but I personally have no interest in the salaries of TV sales people, just doesn't figure in my life!

Regular Contributor

I feel the Q should at least offer occasional free shipping on small items that don't weigh much.  I had been eyeing an Urban Decay lipstick duo for at least a month, and free shipping was never offered - even during UD presentations.  I looked at other sites to purchase the lipsticks, but could never find those particular colors.  I waited and waited and still could not justify paying full price for shipping.  Well, I finally lucked out because the UD website restocked the "discontinued" colors I was looking for, offered free shipping for a $25 purchase, AND threw in an additional free lipstick for National Lipstick Day!  So it definitely paid for me to wait.

Yet, if the Q had offered free shipping earlier, I would have purchased the lipsticks in a heartbeat . . . .     

Valued Contributor

I meant millions combined in a year.Qvc hasn't offered free shipping on everything in many months.Hsn offers free shipping about every 2 months.

Yesterday I bought about 5 or 6 Logo Lunchtime specials and spent 24 dollars on shipping.

Contributor

The ONLY time I buy from QVC is on free shipping day. It always seems to be on a Sunday. I hope they read this. I think it horrible and deceitful that they advertise a PRICE, but that price is virtually MEANINGLESS unless you add on the ridiculous S & H fee. Come on people, the price in itself is meaningless!  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree.  And a sister company Zulily has a shopping cart approach for most items. I will no longer buy anything that charges for shipping... I am an Amazon Prime member and I do buy from Zulily and pay for shipping once. 

Frequent Contributor

QVC is losing sales because everything they got is so very expensive. I used to buy Denim & Co, and Susan Graver. The prices are unreal now. Susan does have beautiful prints, but it is polyester! after all, no reason to pay $70.00 Even Denim & Co too much. On top of that, the shipping and return fees if you don't like it.

The Q lost me when I bought a cute purse on clearance, not "as is" and it came with an unused sanitary napkin in the inside pocket. That was just too much.

It was good while it lasted. Amazon, Macy's, Nordstrom, etc have great sales and free shipping and return.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bibione wrote:

Qvc hasn't had free shipping in months.There are items in my wish list I will noy buy if I have to pay shipping.

I saw a Karcher vaccum on Qvc,on Amazon it was much cheaper.

The probably pay the hosts millions,but we as customers don't feel valued at all.

Hsn has rare coupons and free shipping once in a while.

@Bibione - You (and others) must've missed the last Free Shipping Day on September 4th.

I had some things I wanted and placed a couple of orders.  Got them within about a week.

So it hasn't been months at all.  (HSN had free shipping the day before that, but they didn't have anything I wanted.)

(Oh...and to your comment about paying their hosts "millions":  best laugh I've had today.)