Trusted Contributor

Re: Qvc is losing sales because of no free shipping

[ Edited ]

This  is just my perspective.  QVC, has the overhead, of running, an international TV network.  If they are offering free shipping, it's a nice perk.  Sure I'll take it!

But, I don't expect it, and it's highly unlikely to be a deciding factor.  Most of the places I shop, do not routinely offer free shipping, and quite often, their shipping is higher than QVC's.  

Let's say, I'm thinking about buying, a pair of pants, from my wish list.  I feel they're at a good price, I want them! Shipping is $3.50.  If I decide, they're too expensive, with $3.50 shipping, obviously, to me, I can't afford them, without shipping! If, $3.50, makes that big a difference, I'd best be getting my finances, in better shape, before I buy anything! 

I am someone, who usually, only buys one item, when I'm on line shopping.  I understand, multiple shipping charges add up.  Even so, if s&h is a deal breaker, can you really afford, what you're buying?

Valued Contributor

@Bibione @Love my grandkids per a google search, the on-air QVC host makes about $75,000. I'm sure certain ones make a bit more

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Postal rates are high.  Have you mailed a package lately?  If they routinely gave free shipping the cost of the items would go up to make up for it.  Its a no win and just part of shopping online.  You are paying for the convenience of not driving to the stores to shop and have it delivered to your door.  I should add, however, that I think they should have incentives to reduce the shipping.

Valued Contributor

@fthunt I did read the reviews and even with free shipping I probably wouldn't have ordered them. Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

They are associated with Zulily.  Policy... one item and for the rest of the day or weekend the other products have free shipping.  Love it and I am a good customer because of it.  

Honored Contributor

I'm not ordering right now because of the horror stories about customer service, delays in shipping, and delays in processing returns.

I've ordered from several other retailers and all of them run circles around Q.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bibione wrote:

Qvc hasn't had free shipping in months.There are items in my wish list I will noy buy if I have to pay shipping.

I saw a Karcher vaccum on Qvc,on Amazon it was much cheaper.

The probably pay the hosts millions,but we as customers don't feel valued at all.

Hsn has rare coupons and free shipping once in a while.

Big corporations don't pay any more than they have to unless it's to a select group of executives at the top.  It's not the current American way.   

Valued Contributor

I am another with lots of items in my wish list that I don't need, but might order if they offer free shipping.

But here's a question- does free shipping depend on the brand? For example, Beekman, Vionic, and others almost always have free shipping. Maybe it depends on the vendor and the deals they have with QVC? 

Respected Contributor

I don't mind paying for the shipping.....but I do want my packages in a timely manner. Waiting for weeks is growing old for me. Rethinking my Q shopping.

Respected Contributor

Love me some free shipping. I never do easy pay.