Honored Contributor

Re: Qvc is losing sales because of no free shipping

Retailers are losing sales for so many reasons right now.  I'm sure shipping costs are one of them.

What I've never once seen is any proof that free shipping creates more profit.  How much extra volume does a company need to see so that free shipping pays off?  And how is that extra calculated, especially now when retail volume overall is so challenged?

Honored Contributor

YOU ALWAYS PAY SHIPPING.  The company has to pay to ship, therefore whatever the final price you pay, YOU ALWAYS PAY for the shipping.  

IF there is an issue about this, it is whether the company has FREE returns.  IF you return something.  But initial shipping is always figured into the price because the company always has to pay to ship it to you.  Whether you see it or not. 

Honored Contributor

I, for one, have 196 items on my wish list awaiting free shipping.  Obviously I wouldn't buy all 196 items, but I would buy those that are most wanted.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I have no way of knowing how shipping is figured into a price. What I do know is that if I can get an identical item for no or reduced shipping at vendor A, and vendor B charges let's say 12.00, which is the smarter buy ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

There are new viewers tuning in every hour, and are shopping with no preference regarding shipping, so it's doubtful they are losing sales for that reason-perhaps another.😉 I love free shipping, but it does not influence my ultimate buying decisions.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Honored Contributor

@Bibione    How do you know QVC is losing money due to no free shipping?  Do you have figures on this.  Maybe they're profiting due to no free shipping, have you considered this?  Also, have you considered that they're under financial stress and cannot afford to give you free shipping?

I've always maintained that if a person REALLY wants something, a s&h charge is not going to be the deciding factor.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Although I love free shipping, if I really want something, NOT having free shipping does not stop me from purchasing. I'll purchase it anyway.

Trusted Contributor

I am betting they DON'T pay the hosts millions good grief.

With all the complaints about shipping (not from me) the last thing they need to do is add a free shipping day into the mix to really jam up the works.

Having said that, There are multiple items (yes I said this on another thread so I am repeatig myself and I am aware) each day that are NOT food that they offer free shipping on.  Perhaps it is just not what you are in the market for at that time.

Just keep shopping or don't but constantly complaining about it on here is doing no good.  Write to the president of the company if you feel that strongly about it.  Not sure it would go anywhere but it would do more good that complaining here.

Just my .02

Honored Contributor

@Bibione Millions? REALLY? It is to laugh! Where do you get that info, from your own mind?

I doubt QVC will cry if you don't order.

Esteemed Contributor

Free shipping doesn't make me buy more because the price often changes on "Free Shipping Day" with the items on my Wish List....

I WOULD buy more if they would combine shipping if you order multiples of the same item.....