Valued Contributor

Qvc is losing sales because of no free shipping

Qvc hasn't had free shipping in months.There are items in my wish list I will noy buy if I have to pay shipping.

I saw a Karcher vaccum on Qvc,on Amazon it was much cheaper.

The probably pay the hosts millions,but we as customers don't feel valued at all.

Hsn has rare coupons and free shipping once in a while.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Qvc is losing sales because of no free shipping

@Bibione I've been saying this for months!! When I see shipping on an item for 5.50 and I'd like to order a few things, I'm not spending $15 or more. I was looking at some faux birch trees that had $8.50, it was gonna be $25 in shipping for 3. So, I didn't order. I ordered a credenza at a great price from Wayfair-weighed about 150 lbs. and it was FREE SHIPPING!

Valued Contributor

Almost nothing from a large corporation is free.  The shipping and handling is some how factored into the price of the item.  

Valued Contributor

There have been some companies that ship free but they have minimum purchase levels. Some are reasonable, like $30. Others are $100, so I'm less likely to buy from them. What happened to buy one, extras are 1/2 off shipping. That helped some. 

I understand at this time when maybe sales are slow for some comapnies, they will offer fewer freebies. But it does affect what and when I do buy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Styleovertrend Birch Trees - apparently you didn't see our (posters) messages on these recently.  Be happy - they are cheap - branches covered with paper - minimum lights (Q  shows trees "bunched" up to give the impression of lots of lights)

I threw mine in the trash.

Honored Contributor

Just a day or two ago, I typed into Q's Search:

'Free shipping clearance fashions' and quite a few popped up.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I just look at the total price of something.  I don't care if shipping is "free" (which it is never) or not.  Just what does it cost?

What does it matter?  It's what you spend not how they are promoting it.  It's like a percent off--doesn't matter if it is 10 or 40 percent off, is it worth the price to you?

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Black Belt in internet shopping ( once bought two rooms full of furniture online, for example).  I never pay extra shipping unless the item price is very good ( never the case on QVC ).

Contributor

I think qvc is not doing free shipping specials because they know right now that most people are not going out shopping. They are taking advantage of that. Just my thoughts on the subject of course. Not saying its right or wrong. 

Frequent Contributor

I'd rather have free returns.