Respected Contributor

Re: Quit with the "throw it on"

@rms1954 wrote:

@MoJoV Did you watch during the days of Lisa R throwing B. Makowsky purses when they sold out?  Some people got so upset and took it personally that she was "tossing" the bag to one of the stage hands.  LOL.

Oh my gawd, I remember the uproar over that! The way some people carried on, you'd think she'd called the pope a dirty name.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Good grief. No matter what a host says, someone will complain. People need to relax. It's not worth the angst.

Good grief! So what? we'll complain all we want. it's people letting off steam and chatting, not plotting a bank robbery.

Respected Contributor

Amy says she climbs into her clothes.  She tells us to "climb into" a new item.  That is a strange one to me.  Do you need a ladder to climb into your clothes?  Well, QVC does sell ladders.  It seems like Dan Hughes is always selling them. 

OMG! Post of the day! Hilarious! thanks for the laugh :-)

Honored Contributor

I think they should get rid of the hosts. Let the vendor explain and nothing else.

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

I'm so tired of the hosts saying throw this on with a little sneaker, throw this over a tank, throw it in the washer.  Throw throw throw.  Drop the phrase, it's tiresome and sounds dumb. And while they're at it drop the "grab this" phrase.  I rarely throw nor grab things.

I don't even watch that much and it's a constant refrain.

Could be worse--when I hear "pop it on" I change the channel.

@GoneButNotForgotten 

How about "pop the collar"?

Frequent Contributor

It's usually "a cute little " jacket, scarf, pair of shoes, etc.

Frequent Contributor

I also think two of the hosts (SB and KS) need to quit with using the word " chic. " All it is is a sales pitch (insinuating "you" will look this way if you BUY this item) and they use it about every third word. 

Valued Contributor

None of these terms bother me in the least,however when I hear "pop the collar" I go screaming from the room.  

Super Contributor

The problem is with QVC jargon, as you said.  No host ever sounds genuine when they just go into 'QVC Speak'!  'Throw it on, stinking cute, take a tour, beautiful, beautiful', etc etc!  To sound sincere, hosts must speak normally - at least for me!  Can't we 'wear something',  that may be 'pretty or youthful', or just 'look at the item'??  Hosts sound programmed!