Respected Contributor

Re: Quit filling time telling us the count.

I wish I could tell you what bothers me about David V. but they would take it off saying I was unkind. I watch now wjth the sound off, and at times wait till the show is offer and check my computer to see what was on. Oh, makes me ill just thinking of it. I don't have Facebook, if I ever do ???

Honored Contributor

Sometimes, as a selling tactic, they will tell you a color is "the most limited", meaning they have the least amount available in that color.  However, often it just means they have 9,500 instead of 10,000.  They can be slick without officially "lying."

Respected Contributor

I find it annoying, it certainly does convince a lot of people to hurry up and make up their mind.  It is a sales tactic that works, obvious by the comments posted here.  I agree David V. does the most updating but perhaps it is because of the type of items he is selling; less expensive kitchen items that come in a zillion colors!

Honored Contributor

REMEMBER   They are sales persons....there  to make the sale.   They are not your friend, not your family......they could care a ants hoot about anyone other than to get  YOUR money.  THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU.

People forget that.   

Super Contributor

I THANK ALL THE NUTS ,  CARMEL AND ALL THE REST OF THE COATING IS JUST TOO SWEET.

Contributor

Truest comment on here so far, some people like to stick up for QVC, telling us to hit the mute, but.....I was making a comment on this sales tactic, nothing else and we still are free to comment on what we want.....

Esteemed Contributor

Quite some time ago, the Q used to use a "counter" in the corner of the screen to show how many were sold. So just once in awhile they would verbally mention if an item was sold out or just 50 left for sale. This was before the hard sell approach started. Progress is good, but the old Q was pleasant to watch!

Respected Contributor

It’s their job to get you to place an order, so I try to not get caught up in the hype of product count. One minute I never knew the product existed, the next minute they have me convinced that I can’t live without it and it’s selling out, and if I wait a few minutes, they are on to the next item and the “gotta have it” impulse is gone. 

Honored Contributor

@sommertime wrote:

Quite some time ago, the Q used to use a "counter" in the corner of the screen to show how many were sold. So just once in awhile they would verbally mention if an item was sold out or just 50 left for sale. This was before the hard sell approach started. Progress is good, but the old Q was pleasant to watch!

So they don't run counters anymore on the screen?  That is better than interrupting all the time.