Honored Contributor

Quit calling shades nude unless you have several choices

The African American Santa thread brings up a thought I've had for years.  I cringe every time I see an articule of lingerie or whatever called "nude."  If you are going to do this, offer several shades from light to dark.  If you can't, just change the name.

Honored Contributor

Re: Quit calling shades nude unless you have several choices

[ Edited ]

Why get rid of the color nude?  Both nude and black as well as all the other colors were colors in my crayola crayons as well as colors to cover every shade of each in between!  Nothing to do with ethnicity!  Everything cannot come in all shades!  

Respected Contributor

I agree.  Nude, according to one's skin tone, with different shades.  If only one shade is offered then it is not nude.  Just call the color what it is.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Why get rid of the color nude?  Both nude and black as well as all the other colors were colors in my crayola crayons.  Nothing to do with ethnicticity!  Everything cannot come in all shades!  

Why not ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

True for many lines of bras.  Often "nude" is about as light as white.

QVC knows their core customer for sure and it shows.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think I've ever had a "nude" shade that matched my skin tone, but it doesn't bother me that they call it "nude."

Respected Contributor

Regardless of what they call a color, if I want something as close to my skin color, I choose whatever it is they're naming it.  Find that tans, chocolates work great for me.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

When I see a color labeled as nude, I realize that there are many shades that could be called nude.  I prefer one closer to a blush instead of a tan.  There are numerous shades of nude, just like there are numerous shades of blue, red, yellow, etc.  When an item is posted, the main color is used and rarely the actual shade.  Shading always differs.  It is all personal preference.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@depglass I totally agree and this has bothered me for years too. Another thing I would never like to hear again is “exotic” beauty. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, even though the present 'nudes' are somewhat close to my skin color, I've often wished to see a range of darker shades such as coffee, latte, mocha, etc., etc.

I think I posted something similar a year or so ago.  

Also, I have a few coffee/mocha/etc. tops that I'd love to have matching or similar lingerie underneath. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).