Contributor

QVC should offer firm choice of shipment by UPS or USPS

With the increase in porch pirate incidents across the country and everyone so busy away from home, it may be stressful and difficult for some QVC customers to receive deliveries during the day at home. I have friends and family members that would order more items online if they had the firm option of UPS delivery. I suggest that QVC and HSN would increase their sales if they give back to online customers the option of choosing either UPS or the USPS instead of unpredictable UPS Sure Post, which ships purchases by UPS to the post office. If a package is being shipped by UPS, some customers may choose to have items shipped to an UPS Access Point, such as a participating CVS Store, Michael Store, or UPS Store. Another problem with Sure Post is the tiny 1/8" tall font that is used for the final recipient (the actual customer) on the shipping label!  My mail delivery fellow has a hard time reading the tiny street address and has delivered my packages elsewhere! Fortunately, he is more accurate now. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC should offer firm choice of shipment by UPS or USPS

Up until about 4 years ago there was a choice, but alas it is no longer that way

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

They are trying to save on the shipping costs you pay, as are many other merchants.  I'd rather they use their present arrangement for less out of my pocket.  If theft is a problem, you can have deliveries made to an alternate address; work, friend, relative.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

I agree, and here is what I found to be a solution.  I receive many packages from companies that ship via UPS Sure Post, so I signed up for MY CHOICE with UPS and added on a premium service that automatically upgrades UPS Sure Post packages to ground delivery behind the scenes, no action on your part.  You can do this without the membership, it costs about $3.50 per package, however, if you receive a lot of packages, the upgrade costs $40 per year for unlimited packages.  I joined last April and have never had an issue.  Here is a link to more information:  https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/tracking/mychoice.page.  I hope that you find this helpful.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with you @Kachina624 but ......... it just took me 10 days to receive something that was sent USPS from CA,   sorry but that is just too long !  On a totaly differernt note, I wish they would handle there exchanges the way HSN does.  Now that would be helpful !!

Honored Contributor

@Silver Fox1    QVC exchanges are the worst in the business, a joke.  I mailed one on Jan 31st., and finally got the item back on Feb 29th.  They could do better but just don't care.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't think it would affect sales at all.  What?  Someone who can't afford  top would be able to afford if she could have delivered by the Usps as opposed to UPS?  I don't think so.  We did have a choice years ago and I always chose Usps because with both of us working and UPS taking packages back to their facility...which was not open on Saturday....I liked picking my things up at the PO on Saturday mornings.  But I am home for UPS now and if not, they have the Access Points that will hold packages.  We can also go into the UPS site and choose a different delivery date.  It's all so easy now.

Respected Contributor

@Joe G   Welcome to the boards!  Thank you for posting this information about MY CHOICE.  Wasn't sure how it worked.  Sounds promising.

aroc3435

Regular Contributor

When I shop other sites they use FedEx or UPS. They always give delvery updates.  I like WHEN they let me know an item has been delivered and WHERE it has been placed.  When my items are shipped USPS, it's lucky to get an update on delivery. Even when they give you a tracking number, it CAN'T be tracked.  When QVC ships they usually charge $3.50 S/H.  If it's something I really need to get in a timely manner, I would not mind having an alternative option that really works. During the holidays, not recently, I have opted for an expedited option to no avail...still late delivery. Another reason to shop somewhere else. I hope they don't 'infect' HSN, at least, so far, their delivery sytem works.

Respected Contributor

@DasMEM2 I found out that part of the problem with tracking is that since the packages begin their journey as UPS and are then transferred to the post office for "final" delivery, the USPS can't track using the UPS numbers!

How lame is that! 

I'm going to check into the info the poster mentioned about being able to choose. UPS shipments actually arrive on time unlike the ones that come via postal carrier.