Honored Contributor

QVC's vast demographic of viewers? (quote from another post)

It seems like most of us on this board are "older."  I did an informal survey once and the average age was 57.  Where are the kids?  On Facebook?  Because of all the conflict my friends mention, I don't bother with it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC's vast demographic of viewers? (quote from another post)

I would seem that age seems about right.  Most of the on-air callers seem to be older too.  I have been on Facebook for about 10 years.  There is more that I don't like about it than I do.  There are just a few friends from HS that I want to keep in touch with.  Were it not for that, I would not be on it at all.  I have also had to unfriend "friends" due to political differences.  My SIL and her daughters post a bazillion photos.  I don't get it.  I don't want my life on Facebook.  I won't friend them, because I am not going to live my life watching someone else live theirs as I scroll through all the ****** they post everyday.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Here's a news flash - most of Facebook is old too.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I enjoy Facebook but I limit what I do on there.  No Politics, no Religion, I keep the groups to my hobbies, and I very  VERY much limit who and what I see and who and what can see what I do.

I keep in touch with dear friends and most of my family but not all.  Some are toxic.  I don't need toxic.

It's a happy place for me that allows me to explore things that interest me.  It's all good.

Honored Contributor

My FB is fine. I have about 30 friends and none of them are toxic. I got rid of 3 of those a long time ago. A few were always political so I got rid of them and one kept posting religious things. Away she went. So it is a happy place for me as I don't allow any toxicity. And I don't have any braggart friends thank goodness.

Honored Contributor

Boomers like Facebook.  Twitter attracts Millennials.  

I think it's fairly well known, older women were attracted to home shopping from its inception much more than any other age group.

Today, they belong to the Silent Generation youngest at 75.  Baby Boomers youngest at 56.  Some Generation X...41 to 55.  

Honored Contributor

My sister and niece have never even heard of QVC. Their ages are 60 and 29.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not sure what products on QVC would interest young people.  I particularly don't see them going all in on CIJ, cooking, home decorating, Dyson.  

Honored Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

I'm not sure what products on QVC would interest young people.  I particularly don't see them going all in on CIJ, cooking, home decorating, Dyson.  

I'm 66 and am not interested in the majority of what Q sells.  There are 2 days every year that I'm interested in and will watch but very rarely do I tune in any other time.   

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Tadaki wrote:

I'm 66 and am not interested in the majority of what Q sells.  There are 2 days every year that I'm interested in and will watch but very rarely do I tune in any other time.   

@CalminHeart LOL. So true!