Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: QVC's habit of rerunning the same TSV over and over and....

@Spurt wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

Bottom line --- what sells they sell again.  What they can get a good buy on--- they sell again and again.  Yes, I agree total boredom and I don't even watch anymore.

I do check in to see what is being sold on my way to whatever is on tv at that moment- mostly reruns.. another topic entirely why I do THAT.  

QVC must see the trend coming and the time coming where nothing will sell well so they are now linked with Zulily.  Love them.   Change merchandise almost daily, great prices, and the quality is not all that bad either.. made in the same places that QVC sells at higher ever higher prices daily.  

@bonnielu

I'm Not a fan of Zulily and any retailer that forces you to give your email before you can view the site speaks volumes to me (they are going to spam you to death and not offer much).....Not impressed with Zulily merchandise and now mostly a lot of the same ole QVC products too....

@Spurt I, too, am NOT a fan of Zulily! Got burned on my first order and never ordered again.  I now will NOT do business with any website that requires my email b/4 I can "shop" their site.  Joss & Main does this also; at least the last time I tried to shop their site - no thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Gramy24 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

Bottom line --- what sells they sell again.  What they can get a good buy on--- they sell again and again.  Yes, I agree total boredom and I don't even watch anymore.

I do check in to see what is being sold on my way to whatever is on tv at that moment- mostly reruns.. another topic entirely why I do THAT.  

QVC must see the trend coming and the time coming where nothing will sell well so they are now linked with Zulily.  Love them.   Change merchandise almost daily, great prices, and the quality is not all that bad either.. made in the same places that QVC sells at higher ever higher prices daily.  

@bonnielu

I'm Not a fan of Zulily and any retailer that forces you to give your email before you can view the site speaks volumes to me (they are going to spam you to death and not offer much).....Not impressed with Zulily merchandise and now mostly a lot of the same ole QVC products too....

@Spurt I, too, am NOT a fan of Zulily! Got burned on my first order and never ordered again.  I now will NOT do business with any website that requires my email b/4 I can "shop" their site.  Joss & Main does this also; at least the last time I tried to shop their site - no thank you!

@Gramy24

Hi GRAMY! Sorry for your bad experience..... Before QVC purchased Zulily there were horror stories about how long it took to receive orders.....I don't know if QVC "fixed it"......but I just prefer the selection available through local stores and other online retailers.  Someone had recommended Joss & Main but they wanted my email before I could to explore their site too so NO THANKS JOSS & MAIN you lost a potential customer!!!  If they are so DESPERATE they MUST have an email to me that raises ?????? for me is their financial picture that bad that they need to send out tons of emails with no option to stop them (after all you enter your email to look around and part of that agreement is you allow them to solicit).......Woman Tongue

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

giphy-3.gif

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I am CONVINCED that some doofus at the Q made the mistake of buying up a couple warehouses of Dooneys and they are dying to UNLOAD them .... hence all the shows with 6 easy pays!

The warehouse must be full of My Pillows too!  I cannot watch one more boring presentation!  And enough of the duraflame fireplaces too - geesh!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All I know is yesterday it think broke the record on the number of times a TSV was presented.  I flip the stations constantly and have a TV running in the bedroom most of the time for noise.

I saw Pat talk for 1 hour about the pillow and then it came time for her to do the variety stuff and immediately she said, (paraphrasing). "Well let's talk about the pillow" (never missing a beat).  Gotta give it to her, she did it.

I thought...."Just shoot me now"....what can you say about a pillow for 1 hour and then talk about it even more immediately after....but she did...she's professional...it's a pillow people...it's not going to change the world...Ha!

Incidentally, I called my daughter in Denver and said, "Do you need a pillow?"  She said, "Mom. I saw where they're on QVC...you already sent me some of those and I didn't like it...it's in the guest room so when you come to visit you can sleep on the thing".  I said, (in my Mom smart a$$ voice) "Well, humph!  OK then"....Ha!  See, they got through to me...maybe they know what they're doing...but I was finished with them for the rest of the day...it's a freaking pillow!

Trusted Contributor

Yep, I agree, it's a pretty big yawn. But that's less because of the items than because there are hours and hours of the same presentation during the day. Even an exciting item couldn't hold up to being presented over and over (and over and over) again. I almost never watch the live broadcasts myself, but if I were using qvc for company through the day, I think I'd be screamingly bored. 

Honored Contributor

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

I'm beginning to think it would be much less aggravating to have the weather channel on for noise!  LOL    Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 I started mouthing the presentation earlier, I've heard it so many times.  I was in the bedroom and the TV was on (background noise) and poor Meredith was standing there talking about the thing (she's been the only presenter since midnight).  I think she should get an award for 'times a TSV presented by ONE person'.  I thought the guy who sold the pillows was good (how many times can you say buy my pillows) but poor Meredith, she hasn't had a break at all!

That thing is huge for the small amount of food it (you know I almost forgot what it did)...Ha!  Oh!  Yes, air fries!