Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC's habit of rerunning the same TSV over and over and....

Dan H has frequently said that QVC has purchased all of the vendors quantity of an item at a good price or that this shipment was made just for QVC and "when it's gone, it's gone".   Lori, Susan and Issac have all talked about how they have to buy their own items from QVC if they want any.   Of course we know they do not pay the price we do.  All shipments come directly to the Q warehouses.  Since they started the expansion and started QVC China (I remember when Sandra B blogged and talked on air about going to China to help train hosts, etc) it seems to me more products come from China and not much from other far eastern countries.   Reports this year said sales were down and  they say they have to empty the warehouses to make room for new merchandise.   They might need to make alot more room than they want us to know.  If the products belonged to the vendors they could be made to take them back.  Just my thoughts.

Respected Contributor

The recent TSV Diamonique earring was not a new style, and Rick proudly talked about how popular it had been so they made it the TSV and you could now buy it cheaper. I guess in reality this is no different than a store with a weekend sale and then the price goes back up, but I would have been PO'ed if I had bought those earrings a month earlier at a higher price. The expectation that the TSV is new or is in a configuration not available before used to be one reason I would check in to see what was being offered. It's no longer true, and often not very "special," so my interest has waned too. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 I agree with you about buying air time to sell these brands. I have to wonder on some of these infomercial products if QVC does purchase some of the product or at least they get a higher fee if the vendor reaches a predetermined sales' goal? WEN sales were reported to be a problem last quarter because of the law suits, so that tells me not moving enough product affected their bottom line. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

I was just looking at the October Insider, and I'm noticing more and more that QVC is running the same (or very similar) TSV's a number of times in the same one year period. 

Some upcoming things, like Dyson vacuums, air fryers, Luminara Lanterns, or things in the past like My Pillow and Vitamix seem to get multiple TSV's scheduled quite close together. Sometimes the models are different, but in reality it is the same old same old product.

QVC, you get one chance each day to really wow us with a product, a great price and offer something new and exciting for a TSV, yet you continue to run the same things (or so similar there really isn't much difference) multiple times within a year.

I Have no problem with any one brand or vendor getting multiple TSVs in a time period, but at least mix it up some and give us truly different things.

It's been a few years since they mixed things up.  The same dozen or so products or variations of those products is shown.  I'll bet most of us could quote the sales pitches.   This is one of the reasons I don't watch anymore.  

Honored Contributor

They re-run the same vendors and products because there is no longer any variety here anymore.  It's become very sad, boring, ho-hum watching this channel anymore.  It's no wonder their stock is dropping hard & fast.

Esteemed Contributor

Bottom line --- what sells they sell again.  What they can get a good buy on--- they sell again and again.  Yes, I agree total boredom and I don't even watch anymore.

I do check in to see what is being sold on my way to whatever is on tv at that moment- mostly reruns.. another topic entirely why I do THAT.  

QVC must see the trend coming and the time coming where nothing will sell well so they are now linked with Zulily.  Love them.   Change merchandise almost daily, great prices, and the quality is not all that bad either.. made in the same places that QVC sells at higher ever higher prices daily.  

Honored Contributor

@Gram W Ha!  That's what the Dollar store does.  I watch an entire hour on how stores like (Everything's $1) discount stores get their stuff.  They buy out pallets of often discontinued stuff.  It's not past their due date, the manufacturer just will have stopped making a product.  These stores come in and bid on the pallets and buy them up in bulk, like QVC does.

Esteemed Contributor

Have you ever gone on "shop by category" to find maybe a shirt, pants, decor item, etc and seen how many items they have?  What I don't understand is why, then, do they keep showing the same items over and over on TV?  Why not more variety? 

Contributor

Same old products everyday. Dont think we are dumb just because you have a different vendor do the same ole product under their name. Awful.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Had to laugh when I read this thread!!!  I was just looking through the program guides to see the coming TSV's.  Get ready...yet another SERTA TSV for October 2nd!

Same TSV item  -  again and again!!