Frequent Contributor

QVC really needs to work naming colors!

I watched yesterday as the hosts struggled with the names of the colors and patterns on a dress.  I find it so annoying to get a garment home and it was described as pink and it is either peach or some tangerine.  I end up sending it back and getting charged for shipping when actually the color is not as described.  It is not the fault of the hosts; but whoever is overseeing the naming of patterns and colors..........sure does need some improvement.

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC really needs to work naming colors!

[ Edited ]

I think the hosts do a reasonable job of commenting if the color appears different than the chosen color name. However, there are a few vendors who choose non-color words to identify their clothes.  Can't remember who offhand. I refuse to purchase those.

The problem is greater when shopping online. I never watch the video. Have to rely on answered questions or reviews. 

Respected Contributor

@Southern Classy   I, too, have found some items received are nothing like the colour portrayed/named  on show but I put it down to the lightingin the studio?   Anyhow, always end up paying for the return!  Very wary about colours on shows now.

Honored Contributor

I know!  I bought a Lug bag recently because the red color was so pretty! The reality is it's more like a cross between cranberry/orange/burgandy. Not sure how it could have looked like such true red on presentation.

Honored Contributor

Yes, they are creative with colors' names, but their work doesn't always pay off.  Wouldn't it be nice if they just used the colors from Crayola's 64-count box?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Watching Courtney last night with PN handbags, she actually called a brown bag with multi color flowers white.  What, what!  She was looking right at the bag and it actually took her several seconds before she realized "wait, that's not right."  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Theres is a method to their madness.  Within each line, each hue and tint of a color only has one name.  There will be one apple red in D&C and it will perfectly match all other colors called apple red.  That way you can be assured you colors will match, not clash.  Any other red that comes along must have its own name.  Is it any wonder they run out of names?  Think of all the colors SG has had in 30 years. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I know!  I bought a Lug bag recently because the red color was so pretty! The reality is it's more like a cross between cranberry/orange/burgandy. Not sure how it could have looked like such true red on presentation.

@Krimpette 

I bought that one too, and returned it for that very reason!😡

Honored Contributor

@geezerette I wonder how they got it to look like a true red when they presented it?  I kept it only because it looks like a nice fall bag.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@geezerette I wonder how they got it to look like a true red when they presented it?  I kept it only because it looks like a nice fall bag.

@Krimpette 

It looked bright red under the QVC lights, but it did look rather washed out with Ami's lighting.  I hesitated to order at first because I didn't know which was the true color.

I guessed wrong.