Valued Contributor

QVC on the road?

[ Edited ]

When is QVC going to have some new, fresh, exciting things to sell?  Programing has been SOOOO boring for the past few years.  I rarely watch.  Same old, same old.  Fashion, Home, Kitchen, etc.  Why can't they do that thing where they go on the road to find new interesting items?  I could find more interesting things to buy at my local Home Goods store!

Honored Contributor

QVC's broadcasting and personnel operations have become too complex to stuff into an RV and go on the road, not to mention the expense.  Those were simpler times, now long gone.  Now it's easier to have potential new vendors come to them.  Often newer small businesses just don't have the potential to produce products in the quantity QVC would need .

The philosophy of the present management seems to be to stick with tried and true products presented non-stop in infomercial fashion.  Meantime, customers fade away, bored to tears, as they change the channel.  Same stuff, as you say, year in and year out, over and over.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@snipsnapsnur Around the 12th of Never.

Trusted Contributor

I am tired of seeing the same things on every day, Lock n' Lock, Home Worx, Halo products, Temptations, D&C, Josie Maran and a few more ...  over and over......there are times that I would love to see Dyson again!!!! LOL!

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

@We rescue cats    Ha!  There are times I'd like to never see Dyson (or Shark) again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

They don't seem to have enough cash to keep a decent inventory now.  I doubt they could afford an expensive road trip and all that entails.

Honored Contributor

With decreasing sales, I'm not sure QVC has the money right now to travel around the country or spend a lot of money on anything else.  The risk is expenses vs how much will be sold.  

I think they have been pulling in their sidewalks for several years.  No money for taking chances, so they are sticking to products they know will sell.  

Honored Contributor

Q has been showing the same dozen products (or variations of) for years. I  just can't watch more boring products and childish host antics. 

Their quarterly reports have been lousy for several years. You'd think Q would want to do something to turn that around but they don't. 

I'm not sure how much longer Q will be around unless they do something to improve product lineup and professionalism.

In addition, almost everything can be found elsewhere for less money. Always shop around.