Valued Contributor

Re: QVC needs to do something about the ridiculuous shipping charges when you buy more

People, including myself,  have been complaining about this for years and nothing has changed.  I think it was in August they had every TSV with free shipping, I wonder if that was a little test?  I know I would buy a lot more from QVC if they had free shipping. It might be only a few dollars, but it adds up.  It's not worth it, especially if you can buy the same or similar items locally or on other websites with free shipping.  

Valued Contributor

Re: QVC needs to do something about the ridiculuous shipping charges when you buy more

I'm sure QVC has an agreement w/ UPS and USPS, given the massive quantities they ship.  Lately I've noticed that only pkgs being sent via UPS have tracking #s now ... what's up w/that?

It would be nice if QVC would combine shipping charges on orders w/multiple products.  I would be willing to wait an extra day or two if I meant I rec'd my entire order all in one box.  Before they changed their shipping policy to $3 on most apparel/accessories/beauty, QVC would often have free (or half price) shipping for the 2nd, 3rd, etc. item going to the same address in the same order.

Also, QVC uses boxes way larger than what is needed to package the item (esp makeup), which is a waste.

I've noticed that most of the TSVs lately have "free" s/h, which just means they baked it into the price.  I also noticed that items that used to have $5 s/h now have $5.50 s/h.

Many retailers waive shipping for orders over a certain amt, esp during holiday season.  In fact, b/c I have a Target Red Card, I never pay for shipping!  Kohl's doesn't charge shipping if you order via the in-store kiosk.

Valued Contributor

You are so right. I hardly buy anything from Q anymore because of their shipping charges and poor tracking. Q has doubled and tripled the shipping to Alaska since the beginning of this year for a regular 1- 2 week delivery. Often there is NO tracking info available until the time of delivery.

Q could learn a lesson from Amazon, Nordstroms, Ulta (ordered an item Thursday night, it shipped Friday morning).

Honored Contributor

Just a few days ago they had a LTS of some curtains that I liked the look of and it was a "pair" of curtains (not single panels).  The price was reasonable, but I needed five pairs.

By the time I added in the S&H (plus tax because of my state's laws) for each pair it came to well over $30 for the total S&H.  More than it cost for one of the pairs of curtains!  Needless to say, I removed the items from my shopping cart.  I can get deals that are better with free S&H at a number of retailers.

And, if you're trying to buy single panels (and you need two for each window!), the cost of S&H becomes ridiculous.  Eclipse curtains are available readily just about everywhere.  Paying nearly $12 just to have two panels shipped is unjustifiable.  That would be $60 S&H for my five windows.  Sorry, but it just doesn't cost the Q that much.  There goes the "V for value"!

And can you imagine losing that much for S&H (plus the return fees), if the curtains didn't turn out to be the color you saw online?  Crazy policy.

Honored Contributor

Dennis Basso has a table runner on sale and I wanted two.  Shipping on each is $5.50. I thought since I'm ordering two and they would be shipped together and no way is one $5.50 to ship (unless it's Priority and it isn't!).... so I was just about to hit the button but it came up $11 to ship the two together.  I know shipping because of my eBay business, and I get a small discount (nothing like QVC's I'm sure).... so no.  I didn't hit the button to buy any of these even though I wanted them because of the shipping costs.

QVC needs to find a better way of handling their shipping costs. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Lynnster67 wrote:

I'm sure QVC has an agreement w/ UPS and USPS, given the massive quantities they ship.  Lately I've noticed that only pkgs being sent via UPS have tracking #s now ... what's up w/that?

It would be nice if QVC would combine shipping charges on orders w/multiple products.  I would be willing to wait an extra day or two if I meant I rec'd my entire order all in one box.  Before they changed their shipping policy to $3 on most apparel/accessories/beauty, QVC would often have free (or half price) shipping for the 2nd, 3rd, etc. item going to the same address in the same order.

Also, QVC uses boxes way larger than what is needed to package the item (esp makeup), which is a waste.

I've noticed that most of the TSVs lately have "free" s/h, which just means they baked it into the price.  I also noticed that items that used to have $5 s/h now have $5.50 s/h.

Many retailers waive shipping for orders over a certain amt, esp during holiday season.  In fact, b/c I have a Target Red Card, I never pay for shipping!  Kohl's doesn't charge shipping if you order via the in-store kiosk.

I am a small seller on eBay and even *I* get a discount on shipping.  No where near what a huge shipping conglomerate would get... but yes, there are huge discounts for them regarding shipping.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*