Super Contributor

QVC needs to do something about the ridiculuous shipping charges when you buy more

I was going to buy one of each color of the Berkshire Fluffie throws.  The Price was good, they had a buy more and save $3.  Cool.   Then I looked at my total.  The throw's were 18.99 and 15.99 after the first one....but the shipping came to almost $30!  I decided it was stupid to pay more for shipping than the item was even selling for individually so I cancelled that order.  The shipping negated any savings from the buy more and save. I am sure QVC would have shipped them all in the same box, so why charge additional shipping for more of the same item?  This is ridiculuous QVC.  I am sure you get a deep discount on shipping. Are you trying to make a profit on shipping?  Most places have free shipping on a $50 order.  Get with it QVC!  The shipping is killing your sales!

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC needs to do something about the ridiculuous shipping charges when you buy more

I agree with you.  When that happens, I buy one.  There was a lunch time special the other day that was $13 with $5.50 for shipping.  That made no sense.  I can't willingly pay that much on shipping for an item that almost costs the same.  LOL

Regular Contributor

Re: QVC needs to do something about the ridiculuous shipping charges when you buy more

I agree. So STOP BUYING!  I did.

Honored Contributor

I think just recently people have caught on to the "buy more and save $4".  By the time you pay another $3 for shipping, what you actually save is a whopping $1.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ugabugabooooo wrote:

I was going to buy one of each color of the Berkshire Fluffie throws.  The Price was good, they had a buy more and save $3.  Cool.   Then I looked at my total.  The throw's were 18.99 and 15.99 after the first one....but the shipping came to almost $30!  I decided it was stupid to pay more for shipping than the item was even selling for individually so I cancelled that order.  The shipping negated any savings from the buy more and save. I am sure QVC would have shipped them all in the same box, so why charge additional shipping for more of the same item?  This is ridiculuous QVC.  I am sure you get a deep discount on shipping. Are you trying to make a profit on shipping?  Most places have free shipping on a $50 order.  Get with it QVC!  The shipping is killing your sales!

their shipping is a hold over from the days when customers ordered one item at a time when it was offered.

They really need to update this,  even back in the day catalogs would ship many items together and "discount" the shipping. 

Honored Contributor

Often I do not buy because the S&H is way too high.

i usually look for free or reduced shipping.  QVC does not offer the best prices anymore so I find myself buying very little from them.  Also, their items are not unique.  I can usually find them elsewhere on line for less.

Cosco and Sams Club have throws at about $15 each.  I own several from each place.  They are worth taking a look at.  I love them.

Honored Contributor

I shop the same way I always have -  I check the total price for the items I want to buy, and I check around at the places I shop.  I don't care what the companies say the price is, to me the price is the item plus the shippng ( I never understand why posters complain about the tax when no company has control over that.).

If QVC comes out lowest  for what I want, I buy QVC -  don't much care how they make their money, that's their problem.  I just care what I have to spend.

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I shop the same way I always have -  I check the total price for the items I want to buy, and I check around at the places I shop.  I don't care what the companies say the price is, to me the price is the item plus the shippng ( I never understand why posters complain about the tax when no company has control over that.).

If QVC comes out lowest  for what I want, I buy QVC -  don't much care how they make their money, that's their problem.  I just care what I have to spend.

Ageed.  I always look at the total price when makig the decision to purchase.  QVC clearly spells out its shipping charges for each item, so it only take a bit of simple math to figure it out.

I also understand that "free shipping: is nothing more then a marketing trick to get people to buy more things.  The companies (particularly those that require a minimum purhase to get free shipping) already build the shipping costs into the base price of items, and by reuiring the "minimum" to get free shipping, they get people to buy more items than they had originally planned.

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Ageed.  I always look at the total price when makig the decision to purchase.  QVC clearly spells out its shipping charges for each item, so it only take a bit of simple math to figure it out.

I also understand that "free shipping: is nothing more then a marketing trick to get people to buy more things.  The companies (particularly those that require a minimum purhase to get free shipping) already build the shipping costs into the base price of items, and by reuiring the "minimum" to get free shipping, they get people to buy more items than they had originally planned.

I agree to some extent, however, if I buy a bag on another site that is less than QVC, and the shipping is free as compared to 12.00  for QVC, to me that is free shipping.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Often I do not buy because the S&H is way too high.

i usually look for free or reduced shipping.  QVC does not offer the best prices anymore so I find myself buying very little from them.  Also, their items are not unique.  I can usually find them elsewhere on line for less.

Cosco and Sams Club have throws at about $15 each.  I own several from each place.  They are worth taking a look at.  I love them.

I second the Sam's Club recommendation. I picked up nice big, two layer throws at Sam's after Christmas last year for like $8 each. Super large, pretty prints, and double thick (two layers of fabric), much nicer than most anything available on Q.

I have purchased some really nice throws from Q, but lately I can do much better is style, variety and price at TJ Maxx.

And as to the OP, I have rejected purchasing multiples of some items because of the ridiculous total the shipping comes to. Some of the items they are shipping at now $5.50 could easliy ship at $3.50 based on their size and weight.

I look around a lot more before I buy from Q than I did years ago. There are a lot more choices out there, and many with much better shipping deals.