Trusted Contributor

QVC needs to concentrate on warmth

People respond to warm things for the holidays.  Bring on vendors who show warmth like Dennis Basso.  Also in your graphics show blazing fireplaces.  Anythig that promotes warm, cozy feelings.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC needs to concentrate on warmth

I wouldn't concentrate on throws if I were QVC.  Every home goods store you go into has stacks and stacks of them, and most people have stacks of them at home.

I think many people are about throwed to pieces at the holidays by now.  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Don't they already do that?   

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I wouldn't concentrate on throws if I were QVC.  Every home goods store you go into has stacks and stacks of them, and most people have stacks of them at home.

I think many people are about throwed to pieces at the holidays by now.  Woman Frustrated

You got that right.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Case in point:  Denim & Co. (Gary) today has been pushing a patchwork designed shirt to wear with the TSV coat.  This shirt is "perfect jersey" which is so thin, it's summer weight.  Who is supposed to wear this, when and where?  In November, most would freeze wearing it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I love in cold, snowy country so cozy works for me but our country is vast with a variety of winter climates. Many parts of the country are quite temperate, even warm, in winter. I assume QVC is presenting products that represent a diverse set of needs. 

Honored Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

People respond to warm things for the holidays.  Bring on vendors who show warmth like Dennis Basso.  Also in your graphics show blazing fireplaces.  Anythig that promotes warm, cozy feelings.

I understand where the poster is coming from. They could show blazing fireplaces, candles,etc... to promote warmnth when selling. Also vendors like Dennis, Valerie, they are warm, friendly,etc.......They could have the nice throws that Dennis sells draped over their couches on set, things like that to promote a warm, homey feeling! 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Concentrate on warmth? That's all QVC does this time of year. Everyone does not live in a frigid or cold climate. Some of us live in sub-tropical areas and are shut out at this time of year and will be until Spring.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They could pay attention to their sets, as well.  All year long it's white or off white walls.  At Christmas, other than special Christmas decor programming, there is only one, sometimes two or three Christmas trees currently decorated in Easter pink and light blue.  One is too small for the set.  

Looking at two trees in pink and blue now with Carolyn and Gary, white sofa with pink and blue pillows sitting on a light rug.  White table. White fireplace, too, with light blue brush trees on the mantle.  

There are snowy trees out the window, but no lights on them.  The fireplace would look nicer with a fire in it.  Where's the Duraflame log insert? 

I'd say experienced, seasoned set designers are in order. 

Maybe, others don't agree, but QVC doesn't look warm and welcoming at all to me.  

Honored Contributor

The sets tend toward neutral with minimal distractions to show off the products being sold.  The goal is to sell not show off their interior design

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment