Honored Contributor

Re: QVC if you are revamping the ceo here are some suggestions

I would like to see hosts who give us just the facts about a product and not all this other nonsense.

Respected Contributor

On 9/5/2014 Daysdee said:
On 9/5/2014 NJ4Jays said:
On 9/5/2014 golfcartrider said:

They need to revamp the Host's. Get rid of the Ditsy, dancing, singing all about ME, ME, ME hosts. Give us nicely dressed, informative, somewhat reserved hosts. Calm down some of the vendors. Stop all of the family stories, stop the host from yelling out "will someone please order this for me before it gets gone" Stop all of the smoke and mirrors when showing beauty or cleaning products. Bring back the old "Real" days of home shopping.

well said madam i agree with you as well

bravo ladies lets cry out in rebellion with our money{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Count me in on these recommendations. Also revamp some of the old and boring shows like PM Style, AM Style, etc. Ask the hosts to slow down--they sound like carnival barkers.

"Carnival barkers"--I like that observation.

Honored Contributor

On 9/5/2014 Pook said:
On 9/5/2014 SUHSE39 said: I guess this is an example of different impressions and opinions. For the most part, I have no problem with the Hosts, but, I obviously do not watch nearly as much as some people. I have Hosts I prefer over others, of course, but, I certainly would not want anyone to lose their job. I enjoy a Host with some personality. I can't imagine wanting to watch a sedate, conservatively dressed Host, just droning on and on, about the product. Unless it's something brand new, that needs a lot of explaining, there's a point where you only say so much about the product! I don't mind some stories and a little personal input from the Host.

I certainly agree!!!! It would be like going backwards in time. Life is so much more casual - thank goodness!!!

It is more casual but that doesn't mean, the kissing hello constantly, dressing like you are going to Kmart when you are are on the air as the representative of a multimillion dollar company, talking like a teenager.

Valued Contributor

Reinstate the $3-$5 shipping more often. I will not pay $8-$11.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/5/2014 insomniac said:

They need to revamp the Host's. Get rid of the Ditsy, dancing, singing all about ME, ME, ME hosts. Give us nicely dressed, informative, somewhat reserved hosts. Calm down some of the vendors. Stop all of the family stories, stop the host from yelling out "will someone please order this for me before it gets gone" Stop all of the smoke and mirrors when showing beauty or cleaning products. Bring back the old "Real" days of home shopping.

Count me in on these recommendations. Also revamp some of the old and boring shows like PM Style, AM Style, etc. Ask the hosts to slow down--they sound like carnival barkers.

"Carnival barkers"--I like that observation.

I so agree w/all of you.....stop the yelling and gasping and acting like you're a kid in a candy store.

Valued Contributor

bravo ladies lets cry out in rebellion with our money{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}I I

Money talks! Thanks for a great response.Count me in!

Honored Contributor

I'll reiterate what I said on a similar thread in Viewpoints.

When I first shopped with QVC they had outstanding quality control, which resulted in superior products, and their customer service was top notch.

There was consistency in sizing, manufacturing standards, and reliability, and the hosts and product descriptions were clear, open and transparent about product details.

They frequently introduced new vendors, they offered merchandise which was unavailable (or hard to find) anywhere else, and if the items weren't exclusive to QVC the prices were competitive.

Orders were filled accurately, and shipped swiftly.

Somewhere along the way these things changed.

Unless customers can regain trust in quality, consistency, honesty and service,
nothing else (including free shipping or changes in on-air presentations)
will make a sustainable difference, in my opinion.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Frequent Contributor

I so agree with you about the am/pm style. Even, the morning show with Jayne and Pat. I used to enjoy the shows but product quality is down. Stop with the gadgets and please not everyone wants so much spandex and prints. Please improve quality and more naturals fibers. I posted on another post. They have some really stylish hosts and dressed up in some of the things they are selling make them look quite dawdy. You know by looking at them you do not want to look like that. Ie Leah and Caroline in denim and company. Caroline looked so nice in Linea with Louis on a show. I was stunned to see the difference. Leah just one look at her and you know she would not be wearing that if she were not selling it. Linea , Joan Rivers nice things. They need more quality like that. I agree that the hosts should be more professional. But, I do really enjoy some personality ie Shawn. Love the enthusism -but do not go so far as talking about you and your husbands bath time. And PLEASE reign in Suzan Graver and Lisa R. To much ME ME ME. People complaining about the Happy dance, the wiggle dance of women with control, it is worse- it is GROSS. STOP IT. Peace.
Honored Contributor

On 9/5/2014 stevieb said:

And your two posts say loud and clear what is needed... more variety. I agree, a better MIX is indicated, both fashion and otherwise.

QVC has simply come to rely too much on the same few brands, whether we're talking fashion or not. Fashion wise, it's a constant barrage of Graver and the other few house brands. Whereas they used to bring in new designers each year, now it's just a steady diet of the same few and it would appear Gili has become their excuse for more up to date fashion. It's fine, but it can't fill the whole void. And bless her soul, heaven only knows what they'll now do to fill the immense void left by Joan Rivers' passing.

As for handbags, personally, I can't get enough, but again, VARIETY is the order of the day... Incessantly hawking one brand (Dooney) gets old and, let's face it, where their other 'big' brands (BMak and Tig) are concerned, well, their ship sailed long ago and neither are really much of a player in the industry at this point. It's great that they offer oryany and bags in the Gili and Issac lines, but another name brand or two wouldn't hurt and personally, I'm not seeing the Kestenberg line catching fire, although it's a nice brand...

As for the gadgets, electronic, kitchen or otherwise, they are SO not my thing, but I recognize the validity of offering them. I just don't see the point of offering them SO often.

Personally, I think their home decor department could use a serious shot in the arm. There is SO much more to offer than Bethlehem Lights lit kitsch, an incessant supply of Valerie's vinyl ottomans and mercury glass or Jill hawking poo pourri and another throw...

Again, it all comes down to a better product mix, more variety and greater diversity of programming...

well said! fashion also needs to knock off the huge scale prints; nobody wants to look like their grandmother's bedspread.

Super Contributor

thanks girls you all have great views and opinions maybe they will hear us either way vote with your money