Honored Contributor

Re: QVC...give your staff Thanksgiving OFF please

I hope they shut down the boards if nobody is working over the xmas holidays. 

None of us is gonna die not posting for a day or 2. I've got a life. LOL

Turn on your TV, volunteer some where, read a book, etc.

Honored Contributor

@shopperinme wrote:

Qvc......

You have a great staff that are very dedicated and wonderful people and hosts. Please think of them and their time with their families and give them 2 days off air all together, per year, Thanksgiving and Christmas. My suggestion is to run prerecorded programming for the day. You may already be doing this on Christmas day, not sure. Anyway, nobody is going to wither away because QVC is off air for these important days. I've heard so many of them today say they will be there tomorrow, Thanksgiving day. Come on, give them the day with their families. I truly believe this is highly important, especially in these hard times of today's living.

@shopperinme  They have to be open for business Susan Graver..... the TS you know. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

You’re kidding, right?

So, you really think QVC is going to close on Thanksgiving Day because you suggested it?

Well, for one thing, it’s too late.  They are already scheduled to be open. And another reason is, it is probably quite profitable for them to be open.

My guess is that most of the stores where you live are open too.  They are open to make money.  They will be open on New Year’s  Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day and every other day of the year.  Some convenience stores and restaurants are open 365 Days a year.

As long as America wants to shop on these days, the businesses will accommodate them to line their pockets.

The only way to stop this is to have everyone to stop shopping on holidays, but it’s not going to happen.  Our Blue Laws are gone.

We still have Blue Laws in Bergen County, NJ

Glad to hear that!

Respected Contributor

How about fire fighters, police, military, hospital workers.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Frequent Contributor

@shopperinme  Black Friday sale is already started and this is the biggest sale season for most retailers, so there is no way they are going to close Cat LOL

But I do wish those hard working people especially hospital workers, police officers, fire fighters, deployed military members have day off.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Do people really never, ever consider that the entire universe does not:

1) Have family at all

2) Have family close enough to get together with

3) Have family they want to get together with

4) Have family who are able to come (working in retail)

5) Are able to/can afford to cook, or have family who can

6) Have friends who invite them over

7) Can afford, or want, to eat Thanksgiving out

Some people, for a wide variety of reasons would rather work on Thanksgiving - and Christmas if they could, just to get through the day until the calender turns.

Everyone does not live a Norman Rockwell life and the more people try to force them the sadder they will get.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

(imo) It's a retail company, almost all retailers are open on Thanksgiving. (At least in the afternoons). If they want the $$ than they have to compete. 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I am sure the employees that are scheduled to work adjust the Dinner time with their families based around their schedule..... We always did that if my Mom had to work on a Holiday-she was a nurse....I know that QVC and HSN and Evine all shutdown around 3pm on Christmas Eve, and do not re-open until December 26th AM, so at least they get that......

Exactly. We had ours yesterday.

Contributor

All the hosts knew what they were expected to do concerning holidays, etc., etc., and they still signed on.  Let the company do what it wants as long as the hosts agree.  Also, I did not watch QVC on Thanksgiving which is what you had the choice to do.  I am sure that QVC informed all potential hosts what was expected of them before they were hired on and due to other shopping channels being open Thanksgiving it just seems to be good business to keep an eye on the competition.  I suggest you always have a choice.  Try HSN or Ervine.  Oh, wait a minute, they were open, too.!

Contributor

For once I find an intelligent individual's take on QVC giving its hosts Thanksgiving off.  Are those wanting any retail establishment closed for this holiday living in another reality. I worked retail for 12 years and the competition was and is FIERCE.  Check out HSN, Ervine, JTV, and some not even originating in the good old USA and you will find they stay on as long as customersare placing orders.  Whether it is  by phone, by computer, or by any other modern technical appliance it is the customer that makes these holiday openings not only possible but necessary if one wants to stay in busines.  Thank you for being real and it is nice to know what this country runs on.  Free enterprise!