Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC could make a fortune on a line of nicer sleepwear

[ Edited ]

I've loved Stan Hermann's sleeveless long nightgowns for years, but they are seldom offered on QVC any more. I like a pretty shorter chemise after my shower, and can usually find them at Macy's. I don't like wearing an oversized t-shirt to bed, but I really don't need a Hollywood type robe either, since I never wear a robe. When I get up in the morning, it's a pair of yoga pants and comfy t-shirt until I decide to take a shower! Still, I'd love to see some pretty sleepwear....some long gowns that are comfortable but pretty.

Super Contributor

I  remember the days of lovely lingere, why is it so hard to find?

Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty

Carole Hochman sold her company - and when that happens, products go down-hill.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoekitty wrote:

They used to have Josie Natori in the old days of QVC.   She did real well, was on qvc a long time.  But I think she moved on. Then we had canyon group.   They were expensive, but totally worth it.  They mainly had chenille robes, but they sold the best pajamas.  Their chenille robes now sell on ebay for 80-400 bucks, as they are ao collectible!  I have 7. Lol.  I havent even used them on years.  I am going to give them away.  Wish I knew how to do ebay!  But I digress, lol.  They had another brand of sleepwear too....Then I think qvc went to their own designers and brands. 

Carole Hochman used to be one of top, revered brands.  But she just has odd aizing, and her styles are not good any more.  Cant she make a simple pair of pj's anymore?  Why os it always 3 pieces? Or naggie stuff.  I want a simple flannel  mens style pjs, that are slightly tapered down.  I have to go to nordies or elsewhere for  pj salvage or bedhead or nick n nora.  I dont think caral hochman even does flannel anymore, just micro fiber

@shoekitty  Natori was selling items that look like what Barefoot Dreams sells but that was before I heard of Barefoot Dreams.  However, the Natori brand did not fuzz everywhere.  They were expensive, probably as expensive as BD, but they were very good quality, nice and no fuzz, no pilling and no itching.  I still buy some of her things at Dillard's and on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Personally I would rather wait for my favorite brands to go on sale at the end of the season and stock up. 

When Dillard’s had their summer pjs 40-65% off, I bought all new sets which I haven’t done in years.

No shipping to pay either.

Esteemed Contributor

Casa Zeta Jones does some pretty pajama's and robes.  Looks to be really nice though I don't own any.   I think they are polyester though but maybe a nicer polyester if that is possible?

Esteemed Contributor

Check out juliannarae.com/sleepwear/all.htm

Even Amazon has some lovely nightgowns and sleepwear.

Try searching on the phrase elegant sleepwear for women or try vintage style sleepwear for women.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

When did women begin wearing pajamas? All females in our family have always worn nightgowns . . . and not flannel ones!!! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

When did women begin wearing pajamas? All females in our family have always worn nightgowns . . . and not flannel ones!!! 

@BirkiLady.  Both my sisters wear pajamas. Light weight ones. I wear Lands End nightgowns. Knee length.

Honored Contributor

I wear sleepshirts.  Short sleeve in the summer, long sleeve in the winter.  I like Karen Neuberger's the best. 

Pajamas make me feel like I'm sleeping in my clothes.